PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on Foresight?

Piggah
May 13th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Hey everyone,

Recently I've been experimenting with a lot of distros just see what else is out there. I doubt I'll be replacing Ubuntu any time soon, but I like to know what my options are.

Anyways, I've been looking at Foresight for quite sometime and I was just wondering if anyone has used it and what they think about it. I don't really want to download the CDs for it to find out I don't like it.

I am a big GNOME fan and the one thing that bothers me about Ubuntu is that it doesn't have GNOME 2.14 and related goodies. That's why I think it'd be good for me.

The one thing I'm unsure is the Conary package management. I don't know anything about it really. Some insight into that would be fantastic. :)

Just looking for some input on Foresight and what you guys think about it before I try it. :)

Kimm
May 13th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Dont know much about Foresight, but Ubuntu Dapper has Gnome 2.14 and it is to be released in less than a mounth.

On the Conary package managemend thing, I dono what it is, but since it seems cinda unusual I think you'll have trubble finding packages for it (although it might have a "repository"... I dono)

Nano Geek
May 13th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Dapper will be released with GNOME 2.14 next month.