PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Flash Player issue and need help turning up sounds.

KingHanco
May 10th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Youtube videos that is showing on the non YouTube websites is causing breaking up into pieces. How I fix this? Ubuntu 11.04 updates mess the Flash Player up? Works fine on YouTube website if I click on the video link.

Anyway why is the sounds coming in medium on the Ubuntu 11.04? I turn it all the way up past the 100% on the Output Volume. But it reset after Ubuntu reboot. Some videos I can very hear on what they are saying. No problem using Windows 7 on hearing them.

fballem
May 10th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Assuming that you are using FireFox, you may want to install an add-in called Flash-Aid.

More information is found here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flash-aid/

I have been using it for quite some time and it has been very reliable.

Hope this helps,

KingHanco
May 10th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Do I need to removed Flash Player then install it? It not working.

lovinglinux
May 10th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Do I need to removed Flash Player then install it? It not working.

After installing the extension, open it by clicking the extension toolbar icon and then click the "Execute" button. The extension will generate and launch a script in a terminal that will take care of removing any flash version you have and install the latest beta version from Adobe. It will also apply some tweaks.

KingHanco
May 10th, 2011, 12:48 PM
It fix the issue. Thanks for helping me. No more black blocks.

lovinglinux
May 10th, 2011, 01:59 PM
It fix the issue. Thanks for helping me. No more black blocks.

You are welcome.