PDA

View Full Version : Website for a public (or protected) survey?

noah++
May 10th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Hi,

I want to create a survey, and I'm looking for the following features:

All those with the link to the survey, and only those, can participate.
I don't have to host the survey on my own website.
Its integrity doesn't count on the perfect goodwill of my participants.*
Participants don't have to log in to any account to vote.**
Multiple questions, multiple types. I have eight questions; some are "select single answer", some are "select zero or more answers".

Anyone here know of a site that would meet my needs?

* I'm assuming I can count on this bunch of rowdy college students to vandalize a shared Google doc, e.g.; but count on them not to exert such effort as to take the survey multiple times.
** Screw you, Qubblo.com, for letting me create my survey without telling me my respondents would need to register for their votes to count.

Irihapeti
May 10th, 2011, 05:11 AM
My son used SurveyMonkey for hosting a survey as part of his PhD research. As far as I know, the only problem he had was a slightly hostile respondent.

He got me to do some testing before the survey went live, which involved emailing the URL to me. I don't recall having to sign up.

As the last part of the address was a random string of characters, I'd say it's very unlikely that someone would happen upon it by accident and mess things up.

noah++
May 12th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Thanks. Turns out I was wrong though. No need to register on Quibblo to respond to a survey. I'm happy with them.

ugm6hr
May 12th, 2011, 09:09 AM
For others who come searching - consider:
https://www.limeservice.com/

It's based on: http://www.limesurvey.org/

Lucradia
May 12th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Google Docs can be used as a survey, and it can be public yet protected.

People don't have to register, if I recall, but to make one you do (IP addresses will be shown for non-Google users, or, if google is smart, it will show "Anonymous" but will disallow the same IP to do it again.)

Aeria Games and Entertainment uses Google Docs sometimes. (Like for Bot Reporting, etc.)