PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Keeping a storage partition when installing onto USB

ZephyrWing
May 10th, 2011, 01:22 AM
Hi guys,

Total Beginner here.

I have a 32g usb stick and I am trying to install Ubuntu on it. But I want to keep 16g as storage space so that I can have it as a normal USB storage for daily use. It's my understanding that I need to create 2 partition ( Since I want to use ext4 for the system which windows doesn't recognize?).

But when I created two logical partition and installed ubuntu onto the second partition <sdc6>, I can't seem to boot into there,the screen stays on the white cursor blinking mode, and the usb isn't being read.

Is there any way that I could do this? I just want half used as storage and half as Ubuntu system.

Your help is much appreciated.

Z Wing

wilee-nilee
May 10th, 2011, 01:28 AM
With the thumb plugged in follow these instructions and post the bootscript. Notice the codetags instructions.

So from a booted live Ubuntu cd, thumbdrive, or Ubuntu installation lets see the bootscript read out; in my signature just click on it and follow the instructions. Come back to the thread and click on the (#) in the reply panel this makes code tags paste all the text in between.