PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] upgrade server

Jzz5
May 9th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Hi all,

I have a question about upgrading my setup. I have 10.10 server installed and added only the packages that I think I really need. So I have gnome core installed, some programs that I need and so on. This to keep some sort of a minimal install.

My question is: Will upgrading to Natty install all the packages that Ubuntu provides on a standard install or will it only upgrade the packages that are already installed on the system? And Unity? Will that be installed?

Hope to get some answers, thanks in advance,

Jzz

MAFoElffen
May 9th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Hi all,

I have a question about upgrading my setup. I have 10.10 server installed and added only the packages that I think I really need. So I have gnome core installed, some programs that I need and so on. This to keep some sort of a minimal install.

My question is: Will upgrading to Natty install all the packages that Ubuntu provides on a standard install or will it only upgrade the packages that are already installed on the system? And Unity? Will that be installed?

Hope to get some answers, thanks in advance,

Jzz
You said you have 10.10 Server <> 11.04 Server.
The packages and services "you have" will be updated in the distribution upgrade. It will not add services that you don't have. (Server base + installed services + installed additional packages)

There is changes in the tty Graphics, where you can customise how the Text and TTY consoles display (adjust the resloution and palette), but other that that, you should not run into any of the graphics challenges that the desktop users are runinning into.

There was a few change with the APM settings... minor kind of thing.