PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Pixel dimensions for panels?

jacqueshappy
May 9th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Hello!
Does anyone know the pixel dimensions for the panels.
I want to design a panel background image in gimp for the entire panel but I don't know how many pixels they are from left to right. I know (or I think) that they are 24 pixels from top to bottom but how many across?

I have designed images to use as panel backgrounds but they tile so it's like one consistent thing as I don't know the dimensions for the length of panels, only the 24 pixel height.
I've attached a couple so try them out, they're pretty cool.

Copper Bezel
May 9th, 2011, 03:14 PM
For Gnome Panel? It's just defined by your screen resolution; if you raise or lower the resolution, the length of the panel will change to suit.

You can change the thickness, too, by right-clicking and selecting Properties. (And if you don't have them expanded, the breadth will just be that of whatever items you have added to them.)

jacqueshappy
May 9th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Ok nice one that's helpful info.
Forgive me computer ignorance, but I don't suppose you know how I could go about finding out the width of my computer screen?

Copper Bezel
May 9th, 2011, 03:34 PM
The easiest way would be to open up your Monitor Preferences. It's under Preferences > Monitors.

jacqueshappy
May 9th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Great help!
Thanks a lot

jacqueshappy
May 9th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Just made these!

Try them out! They're 1280 by 24 pixels

jacqueshappy
May 9th, 2011, 04:52 PM
And these ones are variations on the above. They're much more interesting.

jacqueshappy
May 9th, 2011, 04:57 PM
This is them in action

Copper Bezel
May 9th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Oh, very cool. I like the use of the transparency to blend in with the backdrop. Cool stuff!