PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] set compiz min/maximise animation to/from panel insted of ciarodock

stber321
May 9th, 2011, 02:59 AM
i am using compiz and i have just installed Cairo-Dock. I have a minimise/maximise animation that minimises the window to the dock, but I want it to go to the panel like it did before the dock
please help

oh i forgot to mention, the dock has become my default task switcher, not just this one but all my compiz animations occur at the dock now (but this and the show window animations are the most annoying)

Copper Bezel
May 9th, 2011, 03:55 AM
Do you have a task list on the panel itself, then, as well? If you have two task switchers on the same desktop (which is, in itself, a little unusual,) there's really no way to define which one you want the windows to minimize to.

You can turn off the "Zoom to taskbar on minimize" behavior for most of the animations that support it, within the Effect Settings tab of the CompizConfig Settings Manager, but I only know of one animation that can support an arbitrary direction (Skewer, which comes in the Animations Add-On plugin of the Extras package.) Personally, I use it for minimizing - normally it breaks the window into little parts, but it can be reconfigured to move the window in a smooth glide in the direction of the taskbar.

stber321
May 9th, 2011, 10:31 PM
but i love magic-lamp