PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Need Help with my laptop: Compaq nx6315

ThatCoolGuy220
May 9th, 2011, 01:08 AM
Hi everybody I have always liked ubuntu, i used it on my momīs PC but now i got a laptop that my Grampa gave me, Now the problem is:

IT reboots almost ramdomly or when im visiting a flash base web or watching online videos, IDK if the fan works :confused:

Im using ubuntu 10.04.2 I used linux puppy 5.2.5 but idk how to installed it though it worked fine but ubuntu give me more options :popcorn: .

Im getting crazy havent found what the problem is hope i get the help im needing.

THX.....

silkworm2.5
May 9th, 2011, 02:31 AM
If it only happens when you try to view a flash object, you may have a corrupt flash player. Try reinstalling Flash from the Software repositories and try again.

One other thing, are you running the 32 or 64 bit version of Ubuntu?

ThatCoolGuy220
May 9th, 2011, 05:47 AM
32 and its not only that it sometimes get slowly well not much but still im afraid to work idk what could happen i tell you about new issues later

Lets figure out this one ok im gonna update the flash plugin to see what happens

ThatCoolGuy220
May 9th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Allright i did it but after that i was signed out (WEIRD) it happened 2 times 1 when i was looking a video and the other was when installing Flashplugin again.....

Please tell me if this is because this is: desktop i368 VERSION. not netbook one though my dad told me netbooks are smaller but who knows.....

ThatCoolGuy220
May 9th, 2011, 06:49 AM
This too:

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/4618/screenshotfx.png (http://img846.imageshack.us/i/screenshotfx.png/)

After i posted this My Laptop rebooted. and crashed at login screen itz very annoying i have to admit.

------Uploaded with imageshack.us--------

ThatCoolGuy220
May 9th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Almost solved....

silkworm2.5
May 10th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Please tell me if this is because this is: desktop i368 VERSION.

The flash plugin you are using should be right for your system. Unless you actively searched for a 64 bit Flash plugin and installed it on a 32 bit system, you have the right one.

Have you tried running a flash object in another web browser? It may be a bug in Firefox 4. Try Chromium from the software center.