PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Notification Area Problems

Mad-Halfling
May 8th, 2011, 09:06 PM
I've looked at getting app running in the notification area and had this working with Pidgin and Dropbox, but no when I log in I find this is no longer the case. AFAIK I don't think I've changed anything apart from uninstalling the new system resource monitor applet, but I can't think this would remove the whole notification area system. I currently noticed something else odd - I get the bluetooth, power, network and volume icons appear, but I can't click on them any more. If I click on the calendar control and then move my mouse to the left it then brings up their click menus, but directly clicking on them does nothing. Pleeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase help me, if you can......

Mad-Halfling
May 8th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Ah, I've just noticed something even more odd - if I click in the empty space to the left of that icon set I get up menu for dropbox, tweetdeck and other apps, so it seems that they are "appearing" but aren't actually being displayed.....?????

Edit:
This is a screenshot illustrating it - my mouse cursor is where I right-clicked to bring up the menu
http://img228.imageshack.us/i/notificationd.png/

Mad-Halfling
May 11th, 2011, 09:41 AM
I had set my whitelist to 'all' and this may have caused the problem - resetting this to a list of apps now makes my network icon, etc clickable, but the running apps don't visually appear in the notification area, however the icons _are_ running there as, if you guess which bit of empty space to click on correctly, you can click and access the applications there.