PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu - Could not retrieve the required installation files

xxx4reggie
May 8th, 2011, 08:34 PM
hello,
new to the forums.
I was trying to install Ubuntu on my netbook (doesnt have a cd rom drive)

I downloaded the iso, did the pendrive to it. tried rebooting and putting boot priority to the usb (disabling hdd boot). wouldnt pick up the pendrive at all so i reverted back to windows log on.

after logging on, installed wubi but i keep getting this problem with installing: Exception: Could not retrieve the required installation files

here is the log file that it generates (attached)

please assist, i dont know how else to install ubuntu

meitetsuman
September 17th, 2011, 04:52 AM
I got the same message trying to install Ubuntu 11.04 from a disk I bought. Here's the entire error message:

An error occured:
Could not retrieve the required installation files.
For more information, please see the log file: c:\users\ed\appdata\local\temp\wubi-11.04-rev210.log

Not sure what this means, but I can't get Ubuntu to launch from the CD.:-( My installed OS is Windows 7. There's no "appdata" file or folder in "ed"

So then I tried downloading it from the internet, but that didn't work either. I downloaded the Wubi file, but when I tried to open it it said there was no disk in my drive or something like that. I wanted to download it to the hard drive.

By the way, a pop-up asked me if I agreed to the terms of use for "Sonic" and I assumed it was a Dell pop-up, so I said "no".

2F4U
September 17th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Not sure what this means, but I can't get Ubuntu to launch from the CD.:sad: My installed OS is Windows 7. There's no "appdata" file or folder in "ed"

I don't use Windows 7 much but isn't that a folder thats usually hidden?