PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help Tweaking Unity Plugin (Launcher)

TurtleKing
May 8th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Any idea on how to remove the window switcher from the unity launcher? The google-fu is giving me a ton of Operating System-Window + Unity results.](*,)

Also, me and my bro have been busting our heads trying to figure out why the windows title bar on Unity think it's a great idea, that even though you set the window buttons to show on the right, when maximizing they return once again to the left-side (on the top panel?). Any idea on how to stop this behavior from occuring?

I tried looking through CompizConfig Setting Manager, but didn't notice any option that pointed to this section. Also, I tried hitting it with a newspaper but the monitor keeps getting in the way.:confused:

TurtleKing
May 10th, 2011, 10:56 PM
bump.

mc4man
May 10th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Any idea on how to remove the window switcher from the unity launcher?
If you only use 1 workspace then it will disappear, other than that no
(unless you can find some source edit to make it disappear w/ more than one ws

you set the window buttons to show on the right, when maximizing they return once again to the left-side
Nothing to be done to alter that in natty

Frogs Hair
May 10th, 2011, 11:56 PM
I have my cube working and the switcher now acts as an expo button . There is a question posted at Launchpad.net about this with no answer .

mc4man
May 11th, 2011, 12:20 AM
I have my cube working and the switcher now acts as an expo button
The ws switcher in the unity launcher has always been 'expo', also seen w/ super+s

TurtleKing
May 11th, 2011, 06:52 AM
If you only use 1 workspace then it will disappear, other than that no
(unless you can find some source edit to make it disappear w/ more than one ws

Nothing to be done to alter that in natty
I only use one workspace (not sure how to disable the others). This must be what OMG-Ubuntu was referring to in terms of limited customization. I guess I will stick to Ubuntu Classic.

mc4man
May 11th, 2011, 07:20 AM
I only use one workspace (not sure how to disable the others). This must be what OMG-Ubuntu was referring to in terms of limited customization. I guess I will stick to Ubuntu Classic.
Can be done either in ccsm > general options > Desktop size (set both hort. and vert. to 1 (ccsm is compizconfig-settings-manager

Or quite easy in gconf-editor - see screen, r. click on the 2 keys > edit

Or 2 simple commands -

gconftool-2 -s /apps/compiz-1/general/screen0/options/hsize --type=int 1

gconftool-2 -s /apps/compiz-1/general/screen0/options/vsize --type=int 1

Then log out/in
commands must be run in unity login to affect unity ws #

Edit:

limited customization.
Somewhat in the eyes of the beholder...

TurtleKing
October 18th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Update:
CCSM no longer has the desktop size option.

mc4man
October 19th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Update:
CCSM no longer has the desktop size option.

I see it here, using the current ccsm package, 0.9.5.92-0ubuntu1

TurtleKing
October 19th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Weird.:confused: It wasn't there earlier when I checked. I guess it got fixed after an update or something. Thanks for double-checking it.