PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] 11.04 Problems

Daniel5
May 8th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Salutations!

So I updated from 10.10 to 11.04 today. Upon starting it up I was faced with just my background. Neither the bottom or top panels where showing and my cursor was a black cross with a white border. I was able to create a shell script to launch gnome-panel which got my two panels back. However any of the windows I opened didn't have a border (and thus I was not able to close, minimise or maximise them). I was able to open up compiz-fusion-icon and reloaded compiz now everything is as it should be. The new laucher thing on the left had side showed up and all windows file menu selections (like bookmarks, history and tools on Firefox) now show in the top panel (which I have to admit I don't like).

Shouldn't Ubuntu be doing that automatically?

Thanks bye!

Daniel5
May 8th, 2011, 05:31 PM
I discovered that to remove all those new effects (which I didn't like) I had to uninstall 'unity'. Also I forgot you can change your session type before logging on to your user on Ubuntu. set it to automatically log me on so I forgot all about session types (DOH!). So now I'm using the classic session which works great.