PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] awn and unity bar

wildmanne39
May 8th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Hi, can anyone tell me if the unity bar can be disabled while using awn dock? and if so tell me how to do it please. Also am I right that the cube can not be used in 11.04 or is there away to make it work, I was changing settings in compriz earlier and lost my window boarders, took me about 30 minutes to get them back, all help is greatly appreciated.:)

deltacomp
May 8th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Hello, yes the unity bar can be disabled by going to system->administration->login screen, hit unlock, type password, then select Ubuntu classic.

Yes the cube be enabled in compiz settings manager the same way you set it up the first time will work.

akand074
May 8th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Hi, can anyone tell me if the unity bar can be disabled while using awn dock? and if so tell me how to do it please. Also am I right that the cube can not be used in 11.04 or is there away to make it work, I was changing settings in compriz earlier and lost my window boarders, took me about 30 minutes to get them back, all help is greatly appreciated.:)

No the Unity bar can not be disabled while running in Unity. The cube is also broken as Unity depends on Desktop Wall. There are workaround I believe but I prefer desktop wall with Unity anyways as it's more productive. There is really no reason for AWN if you're using Unity? They basically do the same thing. Though I suppose your issue is that you prefer AWN to the Unity bar and you would like to switch it, unfortunately that can't be done.

wildmanne39
May 8th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Hi, I did what you suggested and everything looked good in ubuntu classic until I enable the cube and then all my borders disappeared again, any ideas? If not I will just not use the cube I can live without it. Thanks for both of your help.

akand074
May 8th, 2011, 05:56 AM
I'm not sure. Does all the compiz settings seem correct? Also some people had issues where Ubuntu defaults to 4 workspaces with 2 columns and 2 rows, is yours set to just 4 columns in one row? I haven't used cube at all in 11.04 neither have I booted into classic mode so I'm unsure.

wildmanne39
May 8th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Hi, thank you for your reply, I checked all the settings and they look correct, I am just going to use unity for now,I like unity I just wanted to use the cube too. Thanks again for your help.:)