PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Stoner Edition users out there?

ranch hand
May 8th, 2011, 04:10 AM
This was a very nice Ubuntu respin.

If you are/were a SE user or no someone that was please PM me or have your friend do so.

In spite of the name or, perhaps, because of it. There were many talented folks contributing to it.

I do not want to see all that effort and talent go for naught.

So, any information that anyone has will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Rasa1111
May 8th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Interesting, Never heard of it (surprising!) :lol:

In spite of the name or, perhaps, because of it. There were many talented folks contributing to it.

Nice, I like it.
and would have to go with , most likely.. 'because of it'.. lol

I'll have to read up.

<3

wilee-nilee
May 8th, 2011, 05:10 AM
Whoa, tubular man, can you hook me up.;)

Good to see you ranch hand.

robgraves
May 8th, 2011, 05:22 AM
this is all i seem to find in relation to this
http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Stoner+Edition+Theme+Pack?content=109312

d3v1150m471c
May 8th, 2011, 05:23 AM
I'm probably not the only one that thinks using any operating system called "stoner edition" is ill advised. o O ( Should I patch these security issues? meh, i got the munchies man), o O ( This new update totally just broke my x-server, but that potleaf boot splash is totally rad...) :)

Rasa1111
May 8th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Whoa, tubular man, hook can you hook me up.;)

Good to see you ranch hand.

that depends..
are you a cop, dude?
you know.. you have to tell me if you are, otherwise it's entrapment.. :lol: lol :P

ranch hand
May 8th, 2011, 05:25 AM
@Rasa1111
It is a shame you never had the chance at it. Not a large user base but very active. Some of the artwork was truly world class stuff. Had a very functional and full audio/visual apps selection.

@wilee-nilee
Always good to see you too.

Ever use SE?

Rasa1111
May 8th, 2011, 05:30 AM
I'm probably not the only one that thinks using any operating system called "stoner edition" is ill advised. o O ( Should I patch these security issues? meh, i got the munchies man), o O ( This new update totally just broke my x-server, but that potleaf boot splash is totally rad...) :)

Well..
I was going to disagree..
as i know many st1rs who are absolutely brilliant when it comes to coding/computers...

But the fact that this OS is no longer maintained..
kinda puts a damper on my reasoning... :lol:

wilee-nilee
May 8th, 2011, 05:32 AM
@Rasa1111
It is a shame you never had the chance at it. Not a large user base but very active. Some of the artwork was truly world class stuff. Had a very functional and full audio/visual apps selection.

@wilee-nilee
Always good to see you too.

Ever use SE?

I haven't seen it but I found a link to the theme pack but none are available on the one found.

As far as legality in the state in the U.S. I live in you can get a card for complete legal use, I qualify.

Perfect Storm
May 8th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Moved to Other OS/Distro Talk.

d3v1150m471c
May 8th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Well..
I was going to disagree..
as i know many st1rs who are absolutely brilliant when it comes to coding/computers...

But the fact that this OS is no longer maintained..
kinda puts a damper on my reasoning... :lol:

No doubt. It's funny how the human mind works. I liken it to playing darts only when you're drunk. You'll find it exceedingly hard to play sober lol.

kitsuneclem
May 8th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Im sure if my coven leader knew a lick about computers SHed er Go from windows 7 to SE
shes really into da pot lol

Rasa1111
May 8th, 2011, 05:38 AM
I haven't seen it but I found a link to the theme pack but none are available on the one found.

As far as legality in the state in the U.S. I live in you can get a card for complete legal use, I qualify.

My best friend owns a medicinal club/store, in *probably* the same state. :KS

@Ranch hand,

Yeah I saw the list of apps that come with it in a torrent on piratebay, but it had no seeders! lol :o

ranch hand
May 8th, 2011, 05:40 AM
this is all i seem to find in relation to this
Yes that was the work for SE1.1 (9.10)

There should be a couple more entries there but they may have been with drawn by the artists.

ranch hand
May 8th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Yes, that is one way to look at it. Not a bad way either.

Development was, surprising to me, quite robust. They were strong advocates of legalization.

The audio/visual pack that came with it was impressive.

Development pretty much stalled with the advent of Plymouth which somehow really screwed with Remastersys. I should say that Plymouth may not have been the problem but that 10.04 sure was. A number of respins are not recovered yet from pre 10.04.

All of them that I know of have folded but one and it looks to be nearly ready to put out its first release since 9.10. I am very happy about that because it is an exceptional effort too (Zenix - bohdi.zazan is the main mover behind that one - check the staff listing for this forum).

I personally like the login screen that was for 10.04.

Rasa1111
May 8th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Nice logo. :)

Ranch hand~
I noticed you were from Montana, and a friend just sent me a very touching story from Montana.. Perhaps you already know of it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmviQBB5DHs&feature=player_embedded

Once again, modern "medicine" fails, while nature prevails.
A Beautiful thing. :) <3

ranch hand
May 8th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Nice logo. :)

Ranch hand~
I noticed you were from Montana, and a friend just sent me a very touching story from Montana.. Perhaps you already know of it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmviQBB5DHs&feature=player_embedded

Once again, modern "medicine" fails, while nature prevails.
A Beautiful thing. :) <3
Nope hadn't heard that in this remote corner of the state. Interesting but fairly well known for years. The stuff has its uses.

Montana, right now, is rethinking the med system in the state. Seems like a lot of folks have gotten cards that are a little on the shaky side.

Blackwolf_Oz
August 31st, 2011, 10:50 AM
Ranch Hand...shame to see the site go too. Some of the guys were from the Ultimate Edition site, whilst others were also on Ultimate Edition Oz...( Google it!)

I'll ask around & see what I can find out.;)

ranch hand
September 1st, 2011, 04:26 AM
Wow! About given up on anyone.

I have left a couple messages for cell over on the UE forum but haven't gotten a reply. Only guy I knew had the same name both places.

I have been working on learning to make Debian Live CDs using their tools. I have, I think all the art for the unreleased 10.04 edition (my wife uses that on her laptop).

I actually have a simple SE laid out and running based on Squeeze. Just need to learn to make the image. Some sort of permission would be nice to have too.

Feel free to PM me with any info you may find or what ever. You can also find me, and a similar thread at;
http://openubuntu.com/index.php/topic,1333.0.html

Thanks a bunch for your reply. That really was a great community of guys on there.

I have been on the OZ site. Had heard of it. Thought I would look at it after someone mentioned on Linuxquestions that they couldn't get to the forum or website for UE. They were in a panic during TMs latest disappearance. I wasn't too worried, it has happened before.

The OZ bunch look like an interesting bunch too.

One of these days I need to look into UE again and join that OZ forum too. Just to busy working with Debian right now to do much else.

On most other forums (UE for instance) I am known as widget. I really am a ranch hand and that is the name of my horse. She had that name when I got her as a 2 year old.