PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Compiz Fusion Rain / Water not fully working

Beowulf.1000
May 7th, 2011, 10:18 PM
SOLVED: So simple a solution. So frustrating initially (I think Compiz changed from what I was used to). Just had to go into Compiz settings manager, the Water effect, and click the key combo for 'Initiate' and toggle OFF the check box to that is NOT active. The 'initiate' option is for the water/rain effect for mouse movements or whatever, just toggle it off then the Shift+F9 works perfect for constant raid drips!

Could use some help, giving Ubuntu another go after being away from it some time. I have Compiz Fusion effects running, but I can only get the water/rain effect to do a ripple each time I press the initiate or toggle keypress, e.g. Ctrl+super will cause a ripple on the desktop, but just one, unless I press that keypress again. Some time ago when I just ran Ubuntu on its own disk I had Compiz working great with ripples (rain/water) galor, self perpetuating. Anything I might be doing wrong, or could this in some weird way be caused by the fact I am running Ubuntu virtualized?

I am running Ubuntu desktop (x64) 10.10 virtualized and fullscreen (using virtualbox guest additions) as a client in virtualbox 4.0.6, Windows 7 64 bit host. Running quite nice actually with Compiz Fusion effects, audio, video, fullscreen. I just really really really miss the water/rain effect of Compiz Fusion, to be honest that is a huge draw for me to Linux, aside from the other benefits of command line shell commands, and the open source karma it provides.

Any help greatly appreciated,
Beowulf (randall)