PDA

View Full Version : Application for Ubuntu Membership

Quackers
May 7th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Greetings, fellow Ubuntuers!

I would like to apply for Ubuntu Membership please
I can report that I have successfully negotiated (I think) the assault course that is the wiki page creation and the signing of the CoC

Here is my wiki page
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/quackers

and here is my Launchpad page
https://launchpad.net/~quackers

May all applicants be successful!

Rasa1111
May 7th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Good luck man!
You've got my support for sure, whatever that means to ya. lol :P
It would be well deserved.
Thanks for all your help around here. <3 :)

Rubi1200
May 7th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Quackers, I think you definitely deserve membership. In the time I have known you on the forums I have watched you become more and more involved in all aspects of the community.

You provide helpful and useful support; make contributions to testing, and have always been willing to jump in and help when asked to.

Good luck!

bapoumba
May 7th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Quackers, if you need ideas for your wiki page, you can browse some that have been posted here. Once you are done with the wiki and CoC, please bump this thread and I'll be happy to confirm my +1.

I'll add that Quackers also uses the reporting system to help us keep the forums clean and friendly :)

Quackers
May 7th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Thank you all :-)

bapoumba,
it's not what goes into the wiki page, it's the formatting I'm struggling with :-) Never done anything like it, so far. I'll be investigating tonight :-)

Elfy
May 7th, 2011, 06:46 PM
it's the formatting I'm struggling with :-) Never done anything like it, so far. I'll be investigating tonight :-)

I remember that well - this might help (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WikiGuide) it has a formatting page - didn't help me much tbh - copying someone else's did though :p

That said assuming you get it done I'll be happy to +1 your application once it's done.

Good luck.

bapoumba
May 7th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Wiki editing can be a little strange at first, but is is easy when you have the adequate cheat pages :)

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HelpForBeginners
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HelpOnFormatting
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WikiGuide/Formatting

Rasa1111
May 7th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Lol! easy?

Ohh man, Ive also been planning to apply for it one day , a ways down the road.. (maybe in another year or two)
but by the looks of these links.. that'll never happen. lol

it's almost as if they said.. "alright, if they can't figure this out, they don't need an Ubuntu membership!"

Kinda like a "secret determining factor" ... haha

:lol:
:P

Quackers
May 7th, 2011, 07:31 PM
I know what you mean :-)

Right I think my wiki page is a little more presentable now - I hope!

Thanks for all your suggestions! Any more?

Rasa1111
May 7th, 2011, 07:37 PM
haha. O_o

Looking good man!
Looks like you'll have the hang of it in no time.

Yeah, i have a suggestion...
Get good at it, So I can come to you in a year or two for help! :lol: lol

wilee-nilee
May 7th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Your help on the forum is invaluable, and the kind ways you interact with everybody is noticeable...best of luck you deserve this membership.

coffeecat
May 7th, 2011, 09:05 PM
It's a pleasure to support Quackers' application. Many forum members who have started support threads have reason to be grateful for his helpful, patient and accurate advice. There are many partition tables or grub configurations that owe their current healthy state to him. :)

Good luck, my feathered friend! :p

oldfred
May 7th, 2011, 10:38 PM
+1 fro me.

I have seen many users helped by Quackers, plus he has a little fun while doing it.

Quackers
May 7th, 2011, 10:43 PM
+1 fro me.

I have seen many users helped by Quackers, plus he has a little fun while doing it.

Thanks oldfred :-)
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy :wink:

Thanks too to Rasa1111, Rubi1200, bapoumba, forestpiskie, wilee-nilee & last, but not necessarily least :wink: coffeecat (who wants to eat me and my kinfolk with an orange sauce!) :-)

lkjoel
May 8th, 2011, 12:10 AM
+1 Good luck!:)

RafaelG
May 8th, 2011, 12:58 AM
+1 and good luck!:smile:

garvinrick4
May 8th, 2011, 01:53 AM
I believe Quackers takes the helping of all Ubuntu users in the Forums very serious and does
his best to make sure all get the best help when he is involved. He is an involved Ubuntu user
and enjoys these Forums and would be very dedicated in his Ubuntu Membership. Dedication and enthusiasm
are quality's that make for excellent team players, make him part of the team he will give 100%.

Quackers
May 8th, 2011, 02:11 AM
Thanks lkjoel, RafaelG and thanks too to garvinrick4 for those very kind words.

Hedgehog1
May 8th, 2011, 07:24 AM
I would like to wholeheartedly support Quackers application for Ubuntu membership.

Quackers has that enviable combination of technical know-how and a friendly manner that makes him such a valued 'core support member' on the Ubuntu forums.

Not only does he regularly rescue new users, he has on several occasions pulled me out of the deep end when I was helping others and found myself in deeper water that I could handle. Granted, Ducks float better than Hedgehogs, but I am very grateful non-the-less.

Quackers also avoids getting dragged into arguments or silly conflicts that may occur in the forums from time to time. He is a voice of reason and lets things like that just roll off him like <groan> "water from a duck's back".

The Hedge

:KS

wojox
May 8th, 2011, 05:39 PM
+1 from me as well Quackers. My little girl and I always feed to ducks. :P

Quackers
May 8th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Thanks Mr Hedge for your very kind comments and thanks to wojox too (and his little girl :wink: )

sikander3786
May 9th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Best of luck Quackers. You have always been around in all sections of the forums as Rubi1200 already said. And personally, you have helped me on more than a few occasions. And with your expertise and contributions, all I can say is that you deserve the membership.

You have been an asset to the Ubuntu Community. I hope to see the Ubuntu Member banner soon under the 'Please feed the ducks' section :-D

+1 and Good Luck.

spynappels
May 9th, 2011, 09:33 PM
+1 for Quackers. His posts are always patient and good-natured, and he really knows his stuff. He'd be a good addition to the team.

Quackers
May 10th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Thanks sikander 3786 and spynappels (nice name :-) )

spynappels
May 10th, 2011, 08:23 PM
spynappels (nice name :-) )

Gotta thank my parents for that one, they called me Stefan and my surname is Pynappels!

Quackers
May 10th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Tremendous! :-)
My last name isn't Duck though - but it is Donald :-)

williejones
May 11th, 2011, 03:18 AM
Good luck Quackers. You are a big contributor to the forums with your knowledge and humour. You have helped a lot of people. I always enjoy reading your post. See you in Oneiric.

Quackers
May 11th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Thank you for your very kind comments williejones :-)

bapoumba
May 11th, 2011, 09:39 PM
I see I have not confirmed my +1. So here it is :)

cariboo
May 11th, 2011, 09:45 PM
I also haven't added my support yet, It's good to see you are applying for Ubuntu membership, and I support you fully in this application.

howefield
May 11th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Good luck Quackers although I'm sure you won't need it.

Plus 1 from me :)

Quackers
May 11th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Many thanks bapoumba, cariboo907 and howefield :-)

drs305
May 11th, 2011, 11:13 PM
I've worked with Quackers regularly over the past year on a number of issues - he is always extremely helpful and a great asset to the Ubuntu community. I thought I'd already +1'd but I it looks like not. So here it is: +1

Quackers
May 15th, 2011, 05:57 AM
I've worked with Quackers regularly over the past year on a number of issues - he is always extremely helpful and a great asset to the Ubuntu community. I thought I'd already +1'd but I it looks like not. So here it is: +1

Yes, and poor drs305 has the scars to prove it :-)
Many thanks sir for your huge amounts of help and for your much appreciated +1 :-)

yetiman64
May 28th, 2011, 10:31 AM
My last name isn't Duck though - but it is Donald :)

I was always curious if that was the case and now I know :).

+1 for all the help quackers gives here.

Quackers
May 28th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Lol now you know :-)
Many thanks yetiman64