PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Can not Install 11.04 error

MadMonkey1966
May 7th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I have had a dual boot on my system since first trying Ubuntu a few months ago.
I had a few problems when i upgraded to 11.04 (mainly due to the new desktop Unity), but after some great help here, we had the old desktop running again.

I have Windows running on my spare Computer in case i should need it for any reason, though can not think of one lol :wink:
Now i am used to Ubuntu (from the using side, get lost in terminal etc so here i come if i need help) i decided i would totally commit my main computer to Ubuntu.

I downloaded the latest iso from the Ubuntu site, and burnt it to CD, inserted in my main computer & rebooted. It goes past the first purple ubuntu page (hit a key to choose language & also get a selection Menu) then goes to black screen and i get:

BusyBox v1.17.1 (ubuntu 1:1.17.1-10ubuntu1) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

(initramfs) mount: mounting /dev/loop0 on //silesystem.squashfs failed: Input/output error
Can not mount /dev/loop0 (/cdrom/casper/filesystem.squashfs) on //filesystem.squashfs

(hope i typed that i correctly)

I have burnt the iso image numerous times, using different disks, speed (from x4 - x52) and burning programs :roll:

Can anyone help please ? i am no Ubuntu expert, but love using
Thanks in advance [-o<

MadMonkey1966
May 8th, 2011, 05:04 PM
I can reply to myself :P

I did a search on Google, and found the answer.

It was due to the image file (which i got from the Ubuntu site). I downloaded a fresh one via torrent, burnt it slow (4) and its installing fine now.

Thanks to those who took the time to read my post ):P

AlexGret
May 8th, 2011, 07:07 PM
I got the same problem, where can I download a fresh one? Can you give the link?