PDA

View Full Version : GUI Design with Eclipse

leg
May 7th, 2011, 05:22 PM
What visual gui designers are there for Eclipse. I would like to use one to create a gui but not sure how to get one installed. Tell me which one you use please.

myrtle1908
May 8th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Are you talking Java on Eclipse? If so, do yourself a favour and use NetBeans for Java GUIs. Eclipse is excellent for many things (and my preference for most all things Java) but for GUIs it blows. At work I run both; Eclipse for enterprise and web, NetBeans for anything that needs Swing.

leg
May 8th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Well I have installed a gui visual designer and I have to say my experience with it so far pretty much confirms what your are saying. I thought a visual editor would make it quicker I think for now I will just type code.

rickyclarke15
May 8th, 2011, 05:25 PM
I want to initiate an open-source style project to design an advanced (animated) GUI for a new application. No initial commercial ambitions...just an ambition/curiosity of mine.

simeon87
May 8th, 2011, 06:14 PM
I want to initiate an open-source style project to design an advanced (animated) GUI for a new application. No initial commercial ambitions...just an ambition/curiosity of mine.

I don't know about GUI in Eclipse but you can create a GUI in Glade: http://glade.gnome.org/ and then load it in your Java program. That gives you a GTK+ program which fits nicely with the rest of Ubuntu.