beercz
May 13th, 2006, 02:22 AM
Being English I want ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!

Who will you be supporting?

fuscia
May 13th, 2006, 02:28 AM

being american, i couldn't care any less.

catlett
May 13th, 2006, 02:42 AM
Being of Italian descent I want to relive 1982. I was 13 and took it for granted that Italy would have more championships (foolish me).
I had great luck as a teenager and no luck as an adult. In basketball the Boston Celtics won the championship in 1986 when I was 16. Again I thought there would be more but of course there hasn't.
The way things are today I won't be seeing a championship soon but you have to have faith. viva italia. numero uno en 2006:-D

fuscia
May 13th, 2006, 02:48 AM
doesn't matter: as long as you can get bent out of shape over something that means absolutely nothing, what else matters?

catlett
May 13th, 2006, 02:52 AM
doesn't matter: as long as you can get bent out of shape over something that means absolutely nothing, what else matters?What are you talking about? Who are you ? And what are you doing in this post?Go somewhere else this isn't your thread and your not replying to the thread.
I'll say one thing about you, you are a perfect example of an american.

user1397
May 13th, 2006, 02:57 AM
i myself go for Paraguay, being from there, but i highly doubt getting far :(
and watch out england, we're in your group! :D

fuscia
May 13th, 2006, 03:02 AM
What are you talking about? Who are you ? And what are you doing in this post?Go somewhere else this isn't your thread and your not replying to the thread.
I'll say one thing about you, you are a perfect example of an american.

thanks (i guess). the point i was trying to make (*gets out hammer*) is that, even if soccer is worthless (which it is), isn't it great to get passionate about something?

henriquemaia
May 13th, 2006, 03:27 AM
It will not happen, but I would be very happy to have an African or Asian country as the winners.

ComplexNumber
May 13th, 2006, 03:30 AM
being american, i couldn't care any less. i'm not surprised :D.

i want either england or ireland to win. *ponders for a moment about irelands chances* i think i just want england to win.

Super King
May 13th, 2006, 03:38 AM
I'm an American but am a huge soccer/football fan, having played in and officiated youth soccer games since I was 6. Of course I will be watching every US World Cup game I can.

Biltong (Dee)
May 13th, 2006, 06:10 AM
Now now people...don't be cruel to our cousins in Bush Land.
So they don't care about football (soccer). So be it.
When was the last time you watched a superbowl final?
(No the music in the middle does NOT count!)

As for me - I pick a side and cheer them on. No Favourates.
Unless of course South Africa make the final - but there's more chance of seeing snow first... I last saw snow in 1999...

briancurtin
May 13th, 2006, 06:15 AM
you are a perfect example of an american.
everyone wants to be american, but no one wants to be american.
that is the world for you.

richbarna
May 13th, 2006, 07:17 AM
I don't want to be American.

Virogenesis
May 13th, 2006, 07:36 AM
everyone wants to be american, but no one wants to be american.
that is the world for you.
Why the hell would I want to be American when I'm british?
I do want England to win I think we'll get far but I'm not sure about what sven is up to by playing a 17 yr old striker with no experience, whats going on aswell no SWP in the squad, whos been giving him back handers.

xenmax
May 13th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Argentina or Italy!
I actually have them playing in finals in my book!! But then again, i did the same last year and neither of them reached quarters!!

hesee
May 13th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Most americans don't care about soccer, and they don't have to. So this thread is for the rest of the world. After all, soccer is the most famous sport on this planet.

For me, I would like to cheer for Finland, but I highly doubt I'll ever see them in world cup. So my favourite in world cup is England and Stevie G. Let's hope Rooney heals from the injury in time.

isotonic
June 3rd, 2006, 12:24 PM
i would like england to win but i think germany will beat brazil in the final this time around.

curuxz
June 3rd, 2006, 12:27 PM
Being English I want us to lose, quickly, then they will stop with all this world cup crap and put real sport back on TV, ........ill be over here watching the F1 let me know when this world cup stuff is over.

Stone123
June 3rd, 2006, 12:33 PM
Sweden

or czechrepublic (allways fun football to watch , and slavic as me).

Rackerz
June 3rd, 2006, 12:33 PM
Most americans don't care about soccer, and they don't have to. So this thread is for the rest of the world. After all, soccer is the most famous sport on this planet.

For me, I would like to cheer for Finland, but I highly doubt I'll ever see them in world cup. So my favourite in world cup is England and Stevie G. Let's hope Rooney heals from the injury in time.

Football, not Soccer ;). I for one hope England wins as well, we're playing Jaimaca today at 2. I hope Rooney is fit, as he has a huge influence on how our games are played.

tribaal
June 3rd, 2006, 12:39 PM
Switzerland of course!

Well... errr... ok granted we don't have a chance, so then I vote for France or Germany (we speak both languages in Switzerland).

Oh yeah we speak Italian too in some parts of the country, but they just brag too much about football already ;)

Hop Schweiz!!! Allé la Suisse!

- trib'

Perfect Storm
June 3rd, 2006, 01:13 PM
I hope Sweden will win, or England if can't be Sweden.

I'll say quidditch!!! :mrgreen:

dosed150
June 3rd, 2006, 01:45 PM
i just want england to go out straight away people get way too into it here it just annoys me how everything is about football, and those flags everyone has on their windows, on their cars, clothes etc its just too much and people talk about football the whole time, its worse this year because people will be talking about football and big brother

curuxz
June 3rd, 2006, 01:47 PM
i just want england to go out straight away people get way too into it here it just annoys me how everything is about football, and those flags everyone has on their windows, on their cars, clothes etc its just too much and people talk about football the whole time, its worse this year because people will be talking about football and big brother

Makes me cry at night, lol.

But seriously football and bigbrother have we lost that much of our culture and heritiage that this is all our people have left.

ComplexNumber
June 3rd, 2006, 01:53 PM
i just want england to go out straight away people get way too into it here it just annoys me how everything is about football, and those flags everyone has on their windows, on their cars, clothes etc its just too much and people talk about football the whole time, its worse this year because people will be talking about football and big brother have you noticed that everything has been rescheduled around the world cup? bosses in work no that about 1/2 or 3/4 the country will be ringing in 'sick' during those weeks, so many are altering work plans. gigs have been posponed until afterwards, etc etc.

Makes me cry at night, lol.

But seriously football and bigbrother have we lost that much of our culture and heritiage that this is all our people have left. don't associate football with that tripe like big brother ;)

openmind
June 3rd, 2006, 02:10 PM
ING-ER-LAND!

But seriously, unless The Brazilians are too complacent or something, The trophy is theirs. What an array of Talent!

Please excuse some of the "less-informed" Americans, 10 Million Destitute Mexicans stream across The Border and they assume that the whole world wants to suddenly become American.

imagine
June 3rd, 2006, 05:04 PM
It would be a surprise to see any other team than Brazil to win the world cup.

Virogenesis
June 3rd, 2006, 05:20 PM
I'm hoping England do well this time, J.Cole is in form right now and hes going to be deadly for any team he faces even without Rooney the squad is strong.
Terry should really captain England instead of becks but still.

isotonic
June 3rd, 2006, 08:37 PM

Polmac
June 3rd, 2006, 08:51 PM
I'd like to see Spain winning, but I don't think there are many chances... I don't like the team we've got this year, but well, they may give me a surprise.
Anyway, Brazil are definitely the best team around, it'll be a pleasure seeing them play :-D

isotonic
June 3rd, 2006, 09:11 PM

lapsey
June 3rd, 2006, 09:23 PM
I want england to win but I value consistently high quality team - world cup winner or no- over any single victory

thanks (i guess). the point i was trying to make (*gets out hammer*) is that, even if soccer is worthless (which it is), isn't it great to get passionate about something?

if there were a world cup for trolling you would have been out in the qualifiers

Engnome
June 3rd, 2006, 09:24 PM
Sweden. Its so unlikely that it will happen a major electronics shop promised to give the money back if Sweden wins.

Stone123
June 3rd, 2006, 11:45 PM
Spain are one of those "nearly men" teams that never win *anything*.
They are not even trying , as i understend . More pride for part of the country then country it self.

Sweden. Its so unlikely that it will happen a major electronics shop promised to give the money back if Sweden wins.

Yeah thats realy patriotic of them.100 % shure they wont win so they are offering that.

jc87
June 3rd, 2006, 11:55 PM
I´m Portuguese , and for me anyone can be the winner except Portugal:twisted: , why?

Because in my country people are always saying things like Portugal sucks , but when it comes to international soccer tournaments like this (and the EURO for instance) they are always placing flags on their windows , saying we should support the team because they represent us , that this is a great nation , that thoose players are heroes .....

At 2004 after the EURO , the Portuguese selection players received medals from the President ... when firefighters (and other people) that actually do something for the country (and many times die from it) never see any kind of recognition!

So all it matters for me is to see my country team loosing , last place would be nice:mrgreen:

helpme
June 3rd, 2006, 11:56 PM
Germany, but only if they play good and not do it the usual way, play terrible but somehow make it to the final anyway.

P.S.: Why do you people think England could win? Have penalty shootouts been abolished? :twisted:
(Just joking, I really like English football)

detgar
June 4th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Of course I hope Sweden wins, but we've already owned ice hockey (the only interesting sport) so maybe we should step aside and let someone else have the honours...

rado_london
June 4th, 2006, 02:03 AM

ENGLAND all the way mate! We will win (at least I hope).

rado_london
June 4th, 2006, 02:04 AM
Of course I hope Sweden wins, but we've already owned ice hockey (the only interesting sport) so maybe we should step aside and let someone else have the honours...
As Bulgarian I hope you loose:evil: :evil: :evil:

frodon
June 5th, 2006, 10:11 AM
I would say france :mrgreen: but why not england they are good enough to win i think.

jbizz8
June 5th, 2006, 02:09 PM
England!

el_baby
June 5th, 2006, 05:00 PM
England!

Mmmhhh... is this thread full of English people?

I don't see England as a big candidate, though everyone want's its own country to win...

I think Brasil has by far the best team altogether... their only Achiles foot would be too much self-confidence...

Being from Argentina, I'd hate to see our clasic rival to win yet another world cup, but being somehow reasonable, I think they're by far the first candidate.

Then would come Germany (being local always help), and then maybe England, along with Argentina...

Below that would come Italy, France and the Netherlands...

But then, maybe I see things this way 'cause I'm Argentine... :D

Anyway, back to Fucsia's comments... most Americans do care about Football and the World Cup... the point is most of this people is from other parts of America... that is, I'm American, since I was born in (South) America, as well as Mexicans, Chileans, Brazilians, Canadians, Cubans and a lot more... :mrgreen:

rado_london
June 5th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Mmmhhh... is this thread full of English people?

Yep. Or just England is the country of the football:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

G Morgan
June 5th, 2006, 09:35 PM
To be honest I will fully regret it over the rest of my life as 2006 replaces 1966 as the must mention as often as posible for the media but I will back England for the WC. Even if the press is stupid and ignorant doesn't mean I should wish harm on my neighbours over the bridge.

On second thoughts the idea of England holding the RWC, FWC and Ashes at the same time is too much. Come on Brazil :wink: .

23meg
June 5th, 2006, 09:58 PM
I support Iran.

catlett
July 9th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Being of Italian descent I want to relive 1982. I was 13 and took it for granted that Italy would have more championships (foolish me).
I had great luck as a teenager and no luck as an adult. In basketball the Boston Celtics won the championship in 1986 when I was 16. Again I thought there would be more but of course there hasn't.
The way things are today I won't be seeing a championship soon but you have to have faith. viva italia. numero uno en 2006:-D

WELL HOW ABOUT THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excuse my while I drink me wine. Desiderano in tensione gli italiani grandi!
The best part about the world cup is you have 4 years of bragging rights!:D