PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Ubuntu 11.04 shortcuts in menu do nothing.

zaeb
May 6th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Not sure if it's something I did/didn't do but when I click in the upper left corner to bring up the menu (with Media Apps, Internet Apps, More Apps & Find Files) clicking on any of those doesn't prompt a response, no error is given either. When I type in the top bar something such as Terminal it doesn't do anything (although I can still get to Terminal with ctrl+alt+t).

Any ideas?

zaeb
May 7th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Bump.

kerry_s
May 7th, 2011, 08:29 PM
clean install or upgrade ?
10.10 upgrades have not been going well.

zaeb
May 7th, 2011, 08:44 PM
It was a clean install. It was working fine for awhile but I'm not sure why they stopped working, or how to get the functions back.

mc4man
May 7th, 2011, 08:46 PM
You may want to ck. that you have the unity-place-applications and unity-place-files packages installed

zaeb
May 7th, 2011, 09:04 PM
That was it! Thanks.

mc4man
May 7th, 2011, 09:45 PM
That was it! Thanks.

Now that you've got them back a small warning
11.04 (unity login in particular) has a number of current memory leaks
One on them involves compiz and the use of the dash and places - the initial use of any of the various functions will cause a bit of a memory bump.

After that there'll be a per use increase, while fairly small, (1-2 MB per use), can add up after a while depending on usage and time online. Worth checking every once and a while
(there are other leaks that also can come into play

zaeb
May 8th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Now that you've got them back a small warning
11.04 (unity login in particular) has a number of current memory leaks
One on them involves compiz and the use of the dash and places - the initial use of any of the various functions will cause a bit of a memory bump.

After that there'll be a per use increase, while fairly small, (1-2 MB per use), can add up after a while depending on usage and time online. Worth checking every once and a while
(there are other leaks that also can come into play

Thanks for the heads up!