PDA

View Full Version : Should I just go or phone?

waloshin
May 6th, 2011, 01:25 PM
I had to take a medical / drug test for a new job yesterday which was may 5, I was told if my medical was good I would start May 06 at 7 am, the company never phoned me to tell me if I start or not, and I know my medical was good.

So should I just go there and find out, or wait for a phone call?

Would be better to go there just incase they just expect me to?

Johnsie
May 6th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Just go. You have nothing to lose. If they've changed their mind just take it on the chin and look for something else.

HappinessNow
May 6th, 2011, 01:46 PM
agreed, just go and let them know you are ready to start working.

Fedz
May 6th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Be presumptuous & arrive all shiny & new with a spring in your step ;-)

Good luck & keep us informed please :D

Retlol
May 6th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Just give them a call, it takes 1 minute.

HappinessNow
May 6th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Just give them a call, it takes 1 minute.

don't call! it would be easier for then to say NO,....in person when they see your bright cheery face ready to work may be a turning point in their decision making on whether to bring you on or not.

If anything it would be better to see their faces when they have to admit that they dropped the ball and didn't call you.

jhonan
May 6th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Just go. Like Spongebob Squarepants.

forrestcupp
May 6th, 2011, 02:59 PM
If you live in the Eastern Standard time zone, you're already way late. So don't bother going now. :)

t0p
May 6th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Go. There may have been a communications breakdown somewhere down the line, which resulted in someone not making that phone call toyou.

Also, if they've decided that they don't want you after all, you need to know why. And it'll be harder for them to lie to your face. You need to know why they don't want you, so hopefully you can rectify whatever it is that turned them off you all of a sudden.

3Miro
May 6th, 2011, 04:20 PM
If you think the test may be bad (as in, found illegal drugs), then call.

Otherwise, just show up ... assuming it isn't too late already.

waloshin
May 7th, 2011, 12:32 AM
I went this morning got there at 6:45 Central Time and I' am sure glad I did because today was group orientation day and I am sure if I missed that I would not have got the job.

I didn't want to phone because the Human Resource staff start at 7 Am and that is when my job started so I would have been late if I didn't phone, though because I didn't get a phone call I didn't have a lunch. lol

But it was a good idea to go.

HappinessNow
May 7th, 2011, 12:46 AM
I went this morning got there at 6:45 Central Time and I' am sure glad I did because today was group orientation day and I am sure if I missed that I would not have got the job.

I didn't want to phone because the Human Resource staff start at 7 Am and that is when my job started so I would have been late if I didn't phone, though because I didn't get a phone call I didn't have a lunch. lol

But it was a good idea to go.Congratulations glad you went in and very glad to hear you got the job!