PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unity failing with certain programs

unitshift
May 6th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Hi,

I installed the latest Ubuntu last night and have some issues with Unity. Firstly, when I open Deluge (which I've been using for about a year now) and click to close it, I can't seem to reopen it. Usually when I clicked the close button it didn't close Deluge, it merely moved it to the background.

Secondly, when I open some programs (it has happened with Thunderbird, Compiz and the Help file), the top menu bar falls away. I don't mean it disappears in full screen (as it should), I mean it goes transparent and I can't click on it anymore after closing said software.

Finally, a little thing that is bothering me and I hope I'm not the only one: is there any way to move the new dock/panel to another side of the screen? I hate it on the left of the screen and I find it quite annoying that I can't fully customise it. For instance, the icons are way too big and I can only reduce them down to 32px using compiz. I find it fairly hard to navigate ubuntu now that I don't have direct access to all my folders and programs (yes, there is the dash, but that's actually more effort in my opinion...) I also can't add folders like my 'Downloads' folder. Is there some way of better customising Unity or some piece of software that might let me go into the finer details? I am very much an Ubuntu noob, so it would have to be something that's fairly user friendly (like Ubuntu Tweak or Compiz).

Thanks in advance

-RAX-
May 6th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Also Eclipse has some issues with the main menu in Unity.