PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Clementine only works in Gnome?

Shmook
May 6th, 2011, 03:57 AM
I'm a big fan of xfce as well as the Clementine music player. After upgrading to Natty my files will play fine using Clementine in gnome, but when using it in xfce it skips over every file no matter what the extension.

I can't understand what the difference could be -- the drive the media's on is mounted, the library exists but no songs will play! It wouldn't require a different backend under xfce would it? Or...any different gstreamer lib files? Any ideas?

Toz
May 6th, 2011, 04:39 AM
How is your media mounted in gnome? Perhaps its not mounted in XFCE.

If you select the "File Manager" icon in XFCE Settings, you can configure volume management. On the Advanced tab, make sure "Enable Volume Management" is selected then click on "configure". Ensure that the options "Mount removable drives when hot-plugged" and "Mount removable media when inserted" are selected. Now unplug and replug in the removable drive and try again. Does the drive mount? Do the tunes play?

Shmook
May 7th, 2011, 02:12 AM
Hmm...okay well first off it's an internal drive, just an HDD that holds pretty much just mp3s. This drive is set to be mounted automatically...and I thought its icon on my desktop was evidence enough that it was mounted...

Now after opening the contents of the drive Clementine magically plays...maybe it was asleep I have no idea. In any case, now playing Black Sabbath :guitar: <--I'd never get another opportunity to use that cheezy emoticon

jtarin
May 7th, 2011, 03:45 AM
:guitar: <--I'd never get another opportunity to use that cheezy emoticonWe could give you one if you have an over-whelming desire to use one. Like the opportunity for this one----->:lolflag: