PDA

View Full Version : Monoprice?

kevin11951
May 6th, 2011, 03:44 AM
http://www.monoprice.com/

Are they legit?

"If it looks too good to be true, it probably is..."

Shipping is a little steep, but even with it, everything is still REALLY cheap...

KingYaba
May 6th, 2011, 03:50 AM
Everything is really cheap because all the cables you see at BestBuy are marked up 1000% so it just looks, by comparison, too good to be true. Monoprice is legit and the only place I will buy my cables and what nots. It's the first places I look when buying things online. HDMI cables are digital, for example, so all the super duper wonderful gold plating in the world only drives up cost. So when you see Monster advertise a $100 HDMI cable, just walk away.

3rdalbum
May 6th, 2011, 04:14 AM
As with anything, if it seems too cheap, then it's probably badly made. A lot of people say "Just buy the cheapest HDMI cable, it carries data just as well as the most expensive", but they forget that the cheapest cables might not be properly made, or might have badly-designed shielding that will break the cable when it becomes brittle, or one of a hundred other issues associated with low quality.

I never pay less than $20 for an HDMI cable or less than $10 for an RF cable. I also don't believe in the Monster cables either as they are simply not necessary.

tgm4883
May 6th, 2011, 04:17 AM
I've always gotten decent stuff from monoprice.