PDA

View Full Version : social network!

chris200x9
May 6th, 2011, 03:00 AM
I'm going to be making a social network, here is a scratch test site: http://www.allofmyrage.com tell me what you think. Suggestions?

cgroza
May 6th, 2011, 03:14 AM
Who knows, maybe this will be the next Facebook.

chris200x9
May 6th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Who knows, maybe this will be the next Facebook.

LOL I can only wish. What does that mean though? Do you like it? Suggestions? Problems?

ade234uk
May 6th, 2011, 05:06 AM
LOL I can only wish. What does that mean though? Do you like it? Suggestions? Problems?

Can I first congratulate you on your efforts.
But you need to ask yourself some questions, because I have seen so many people who are energetic at the start and as time goes by they lose interest and the site just lays dormant when they don't get the results they expect:

1) Are you doing this for love or money?

2) What makes my site different to Facebook?

3) Is there room in the marketplace for another social networking site?

3a) Who am I aiming this site at?

4) How am I going to get people to my site if I have no advertising budget?

5) How many hours am I prepared to spend promoting the site, because you need a life.

I ask these questions because if your site is unique and offers something completely different to anything else that is out there, then yes it could work via word of mouth. But this only happens in very small cases. And I guarantee you eventually you will need some sort revenue to make it work properly unless you are a secret millionaire who just wants something to do with their extra cash.

I am just being realistic.

Fedz
May 6th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Shame AllMyRage has gone as it's shorter but, one syllable would be better :D

It's powered by ELGG so not unique!

Nice though & good luck =D>