PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No encryption option after clean install of 11.04

Dada Maheshvarananda
May 5th, 2011, 05:55 PM
After installing 11.04, adding the public keys of friends to the Passwords and Encryption Keys and generating a new public key. However there is no encryption option when right clicking a file, nor is there any user interface for Seahorse or GNU Privacy Guard. When I try to open an encrypted file, I get the error message, "There is no application installed for PGP/MIME-encrypted message header files".

Dada Maheshvarananda
May 6th, 2011, 01:35 AM
After installing 11.04, adding the public keys of friends to the Passwords and Encryption Keys and generating a new public key. However there is no encryption option when right clicking a file, nor is there any user interface for Seahorse or GNU Privacy Guard. When I try to open an encrypted file, I get the error message, "There is no application installed for PGP/MIME-encrypted message header files".

If I type 'seahorse' in Terminal, what opens is Passwords and Encryption Keys, without any option to encrypt or decrypt with the keys.:confused:

Dada Maheshvarananda
May 9th, 2011, 05:21 AM
If I type 'seahorse' in Terminal, what opens is Passwords and Encryption Keys, without any option to encrypt or decrypt with the keys.:confused:

SOLVED: In terminal, type: 'sudo apt-get install gpa'

Then type: 'gpa'

rwh
July 6th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Actually, I think what you really want is the seahorse-plugins package, AKA "Decrypt File" in the Ubuntu Software Centre. This gives you an "Encrypt..." option in the right-click menu in Nautilus, and integrates with the keys you have stored on your system (managed by seahorse, AKA "Passwords and Encryption Keys".