PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Flash keeps crashing in Firefox

Jonners59
May 5th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Since the upgrade to 11.04 on my 32-bit Toshiba laptop I have found Flash crashes everytime and all the time when using my browser - Firefox

Any ideas, please?

lovinglinux
May 6th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Get Flash-Aid (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/161939/) and run it. It will detect installed flash plugins, remove them and install the best option according to your system architecture and version. Additionally, it will apply some tweaks that should improve performance. If you still get that issue after running Flash-Aid, then go to the extension Help tab, click the "Generate Report" button and send me the results so I can analyze your situation.

Jonners59
May 6th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Thanks Lovinlinux
I already have Flash Aid and have been running it, I should have said. Sorry.

At the moment the machine is down - I have another Thread to fix this - It's the ICEauthroity issue. Seems loads of us are getting it. Anyway, as soon as it is back up and running again I'll look for the report and post.

Many thanks.

Jonners59
May 8th, 2011, 11:20 AM
OK, did not get any support on my other thread for the ieoauth issue and ended up doing a rebuild, for which I was not happy. However, it would seem it has solved the Firefox/Flash stability issue. It's not really an answer or a solution, but as I now do not have an example to work on I guess this case is closed. Apologies to anyone else who finds the same issue and needs to find a fix.