PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] LiveCD crashed on "Try", install freezes on creating ext4 fs, 11.04 sux0r?

livehifi
May 5th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Hi,

This is not my first foray into installing ubuntu on my desktop but it may be my last for a while.

I burned my liveCD very slowly and checked it for integrity. It works fine on, for example, my dell inspiron 1012 netbook.

I am able to create the partitions etc and am shooting for a win7 dual boot. Don't want wubi or the like.

I am unable to boot the liveCD or even install the OS as it hangs on clicking "Try" and the install hangs on "Creating ext4 fs on / "

Thoughts? Also the 11.04 CD seems to have a lot of issues based on my browsing the top few pages of the forum.

Regards,
Will

livehifi
May 5th, 2011, 10:18 AM
bumpity

livehifi
May 5th, 2011, 10:45 AM
http://i.imgur.com/kShKe.png

livehifi
May 5th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Last bump may have indicated I'm trolling; I am not trolling. I honestly am having issues. Alas, downloading 10.04 now, if nothing else. Thoughts? Anyone? Anyone?

Nerotriple6
May 5th, 2011, 12:05 PM
If the disc works on another comp.. Is it impossible that there may be something wrong with the optical drive?

I had to clean mine (like I've never cleaned before) as it complained about some files not being copied after installation.
Try a new CD? *shrug*