PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Help with 11.04

goyle
May 5th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I currently have Windows 7 and Ubuntu 11.04 (The beta) running on my Laptop.

I want to know if it's possible to get 11.04 (Full) through the update manager? If so, how?

Secondly, if I wanted to just go back to 10.10, could i install it over the current 11.04? I don't want to copy files over or anything like that, just a fresh start.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

lechien73
May 5th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Yes, you should be able to update to the full version of 11.04 from the beta, try opening a terminal window and running:

update-manager -d

There's no official downgrade from 11.04 back to 10.10, you would need to re-install. For that reason it's best if you separate /home to a different partition, then you can re-install 10.10 over your 11.04 installation.

goyle
May 5th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Yes, you should be able to update to the full version of 11.04 from the beta, try opening a terminal window and running:

update-manager -d

There's no official downgrade from 11.04 back to 10.10, you would need to re-install. For that reason it's best if you separate /home to a different partition, then you can re-install 10.10 over your 11.04 installation.

Thank you for the quick reply, i will try updating to the full version. If i like it i wont have the need to go back to 10.10.

Thanks again.

lechien73
May 5th, 2011, 11:32 AM
You're welcome. For what it's worth, as a long-time GNOME user, Unity took a little getting used to, but I actually quite like it now. I've been able to (mostly) set it up how I want, and it seems to be stable on my Dell.

If this has solved your problem, please could you use the "Thread Tools" menu at the top of the page and mark this thread as [SOLVED]?

Thanks

goyle
May 5th, 2011, 11:39 AM
You're welcome. For what it's worth, as a long-time GNOME user, Unity took a little getting used to, but I actually quite like it now. I've been able to (mostly) set it up how I want, and it seems to be stable on my Dell.

If this has solved your problem, please could you use the "Thread Tools" menu at the top of the page and mark this thread as [SOLVED]?

Thanks

Thanks for the info, i'm looking forward to giving it a try.
I will changed it to solved also :)