PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Oh,I need your help! SOS

Udavid
May 5th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Hello roots:
I recently installed Ubuntu 11.04 and it works like a charm untill I installed Compiz or what else I could not remember it very clearly. Then I enable 3D and some other desktop bells and whistles. Unfortunately, after reboot, I logged in, oh,dear, I can't see anything except the wallpaper. Now what should I do? I don't know how to get out the explorer as in the Windows. I did try to recovery Ubuntu. But after I used the resume the right (or what? the first option in the recover mode) a DOS prompted for me, sorry, I don't know anything about $sudo things. {I did power off the Ubuntu after I used sudo power off then password. }
I need your help, is there anything that I can do except for the reinstall Ubuntu 11.4?
Thank you a lot. :confused:

ivanovnegro
May 5th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Can you try to reboot your system, and when you are at the login prompt, click on your user name and then go to the bottom and choose Ubuntu Classic, that should boot your system into the Classic mode of Ubuntu and then try in a terminal:

unity --reset,

that should reset your system to the default settings.
Then logout and login with the option Ubuntu.

Udavid
May 5th, 2011, 02:25 AM
Hey Thank you very much and I will give it a shot and then I will let you know what is going on.
Thanks again. :-)