PDA

View Full Version : TeamSpeak 3 in Software Centre

Smithy087
May 5th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Has anyone else noticed that when you install Teamspeak using the software centre it installs the older version (v2) of the client software?

I find this strange because when I manually install Teamspeak 3 from their site, v3 runs perfectly.
Maybe no one has got round to updating this, not sure but!

P.S.
the 'apt-get install teamspeak' also installs teamspeak version 2.

cheesekiller
July 25th, 2011, 12:58 AM
of course apt-get installs v2 if the software center installs v2.... its the same repos

howvever i agree completely that they need to update teamspeak in the repos... infact they need to UPDATE EVERYTHING REGULARLY... old software in the USC is annoying

Lucradia
July 25th, 2011, 03:55 AM
of course apt-get installs v2 if the software center installs v2.... its the same repos

howvever i agree completely that they need to update teamspeak in the repos... infact they need to UPDATE EVERYTHING REGULARLY... old software in the USC is annoying

I'm guessing you don't read the ubuntu schedule and click the links on terms like "Feature Freeze," "Debian Import Freeze," etc?

doorknob60
July 25th, 2011, 04:39 AM

Then maybe Ubuntu isn't the right distro for you. Try a rolling release distro such as Debian Testing, Aptosid, or Arch. There are plenty of options out there, you can't have just one distro that pleases everybody, try them until you find one you are happy with :)

cariboo
July 25th, 2011, 04:45 AM
If you want an updated version of TeamSpeak, create a feature request on launchpad (https://bugs.launchpad.net).

cheesekiller
November 22nd, 2011, 04:12 PM
dude teamspeak 3 has been OUT FOR A LONG TIME. so this isnt a feature freeze thing because we've been through a bunch of releases without it being updated........

just pointing that out, im not angry or anything

Elfy
November 22nd, 2011, 04:23 PM
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/teamspeak-client/+filebug

There you are. File a bug.