PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird still hasn't updated to 3.1.10, curious as to why not

nrundy
May 4th, 2011, 11:38 PM
An update to Thunderbird was released 28 April 2011. The release notes say it provides stability and security updates. Does anyone know when I can expect this update to land in the MAIN repository? I expected that my install of Thunderbird would have updated by now, but it's still at 3.1.8.

If I had the PPA, I would have already received the update. Are there any advantages to using the MAIN repo instead of the PPA? What reasons explain the delay in releasing the 3.1.10 version into the MAIN repo?

el_koraco
May 4th, 2011, 11:42 PM
The main repo was frozen at March 28. Nothing new will come in. If you want the latest version, you will need the Mozilla stable PPA.

nrundy
May 5th, 2011, 01:13 AM
Why was it frozen?

I thought 10.04 got support for security updates for MAIN repo software for at least 3 years from release???

3rdalbum
May 5th, 2011, 04:49 AM
It might be worth asking on the Ubuntu-devel mailing list; if this new release is just stability and security updates from the version in 10.04, then it should definitely hit the repositories.

nrundy
May 5th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I found out yesterday the delay was simply for Regression Testing. Developers wanted to make sure the update didn't "break" anything.

thunderbird is still being updated.

scouser73
May 5th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I received the update to 3.1.10, so I'd suggest using the Update Manager.