PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unmovable Application Windows

Crayboff
May 4th, 2011, 10:26 PM
It started with just Document Viewer after I opened up a PDF with firefox, but it has suddenly occurred with all of my applications...

The top part of all of my windows are cut off and caught somewhere above the unity bar at the top of my screen. I cannot move any of my windows, nor access any tabs bar in firefox. I cannot even resize my windows. Back in previous versions of ubuntu I could hold down ALT and move the windows but now I cannot though that may just be a unity thing. I also cannot Alt-tab between windows. I can't even use the workspace manager or switch between ones with the keystrokes.

I can use F11 to make a window full screen as usual, but cannot modify the size of a window in any other way now.

I recently installed CCSM and may have messed it up that way while trying to get desktop cube working (didn't get it to work).

I am using Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit on an ASUS computer though I'm not sure what model type this is.

Here is a screenshot of the problem:

http://i.imgur.com/QeFHD.png

As you can see, the tab bar in firefox is cut off by the unity top bar along with half of the screenshot window.