PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Bummer. Need some help

marcomayer
May 4th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Well, I want to install Ubuntu on my 5yr old HP Pavillion PC. I have some major problems though: the cd/dvd drive is broken, the internet connection is very unstable (that's not the case with this notebook, thankfully), it froze when I was trying to run Ubuntu with my USB drive (I followed all the steps on the website and googled myself into oblivion trying to solve this, but to no avail) and I'm not a badass when it comes to PCs.

So, I'm looking for a way to install Ubuntu 11.04 or 10.04 on my PC without needing a connection that doesn't fail every 5 minutes (torrents would be welcome). Installing with cds is out of the question.

velle frak
May 4th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Easiest way is to borrow/buy a cd drive :D.

Firezap
May 4th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Do you have another operating system currently installed? I f you have Windows installed you can install Ubuntu using windows.

marcomayer
May 4th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Do you have another operating system currently installed? I f you have Windows installed you can install Ubuntu using windows.

I'm using XP.

Firezap
May 4th, 2011, 10:32 PM
You should be able to use Wubi to install ubuntu, similar to installing a Windows program. If I rember correctly, if you download wubi and put it in the same folder where you have your ISO, it should run and install. Not positve though.

marcomayer
May 4th, 2011, 10:46 PM
You should be able to use Wubi to install ubuntu, similar to installing a Windows program. If I rember correctly, if you download wubi and put it in the same folder where you have your ISO, it should run and install. Not positve though.

Tried that. I was supposed to choose between Ubuntu and Windows after rebooting the PC, but it didn't work.