PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Top Windows Bar Problem

Ominara
May 4th, 2011, 09:21 PM
żDoes any body knows how to fix this? I had this problem in 10.10 when I was using Emerald and Compiz... I uninstall Emerald and this is how the windows stays when I clic in visual effects.

Now in 11.04 (I love it) its still looks like that.. And I can't change nothing in compiz to fix it!!!

HELP Please...

I hope the image I added... works...

redbikemaster
May 4th, 2011, 09:30 PM
I have almost the same problem except there isn't a bar at the top at all. You might want to try fiddling with the Compiz settings. It can get complicated though. Go to Ubuntu Software Center and search for Advanced Desktop Effects Settings (ccsm).

redbikemaster
May 4th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Can you open a terminal? If you can, run
unity --reset

wojox
May 4th, 2011, 09:41 PM
żDoes any body knows how to fix this? I had this problem in 10.10 when I was using Emerald and Compiz... I uninstall Emerald and this is how the windows stays when I clic in visual effects.

Now in 11.04 (I love it) its still looks like that.. And I can't change nothing in compiz to fix it!!!

HELP Please...

I hope the image I added... works...

I take it you upgraded? Go into your home directory and view hidden files and delete compiz and emerald folders. They may be in other directories like .local

Ominara
May 4th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I take it you upgraded? Go into your home directory and view hidden files and delete compiz and emerald folders. They may be in other directories like .local

Nop Doesn't work that... I found the folders and I delete it... restart... and the same problem:(

Ominara
May 4th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Can you open a terminal? If you can, run

I tried out but crashed all the screens... I must forced shut down the computer... nothing worked...

wojox
May 4th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Nop Doesn't work that... I found the folders and I delete it... restart... and the same problem:(

What graphics card/chip do you run?

Ominara
May 4th, 2011, 10:18 PM
What graphics card/chip do you run?

Gforce Nvidia ....hmmm I don't remember power... but it start doing this when i tried to go back the emerald... In my wife session the top bar appear ok... I thought that you give me the right answer... sorry

Ominara
May 4th, 2011, 10:20 PM
I have almost the same problem except there isn't a bar at the top at all. You might want to try fiddling with the Compiz settings. It can get complicated though. Go to Ubuntu Software Center and search for Advanced Desktop Effects Settings (ccsm).
I got that... And there is where nothing I change works....

stianalm
May 4th, 2011, 10:30 PM
@Ominara

I've had the same problem with the vanishing window decorators. I'm waiting for a fix from the developers but in the meantime I use the CompizConfig Settings Manager.

What works for me is to remove the check on Window decorators, wait a little until I can see that the setting is applied and then turn the decorators on again. That got my decorators back. :D

It's a hassle to fix it like this but I don't have the knowledge to fix it permanently. :confused:

Ominara
May 4th, 2011, 10:35 PM
@Ominara

I've had the same problem with the vanishing window decorators. I'm waiting for a fix from the developers but in the meantime I use the CompizConfig Settings Manager.

What works for me is to remove the check on Window decorators, wait a little until I can see that the setting is applied and then turn the decorators on again. That got my decorators back. :D

It's a hassle to fix it like this but I don't have the knowledge to fix it permanently. :confused:

It doesn't work for me... did you see the image I posted... The top bar of the windows appear like cristal... it didn't vanish totally...

stianalm
May 4th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Sorry, I mixed you up with redbikemaster...

In that case I can't help you.

Ominara
May 4th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Sorry, I mixed you up with redbikemaster...

In that case I can't help you.

Don't Worry Thanks anyway for your try!

redbikemaster
May 4th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Never seen it crystal-like. Don't know what to say.

Ominara
May 4th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Never seen it crystal-like. Don't know what to say.

Ok.. Don't worry... I thinks it must be something of the emerald that crashed... because when i uninstall it on 10.10 this happened to me... but I clic in no visual effects and the top bar appeared again... now in 11.04 there is no possible of clic in no visual effects and this problems follows me...
In my wife session looks great and no transparent... in my session looks like I posted... Strange!

redbikemaster
May 4th, 2011, 11:06 PM
To be honest with you when I found out Natty didn't come with any special effects I was pretty ticked off.

I've never heard of Emerald.

P.S.: Nice avatar.

Ominara
May 4th, 2011, 11:11 PM
To be honest with you when I found out Natty didn't come with any special effects I was pretty ticked off.

I've never heard of Emerald.

P.S.: Nice avatar.

Emerald is a themes manager program and gives you the option of transparent borders...

redbikemaster
May 4th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Ahh.

Ominara
May 15th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Ok people... going on with this UNSOLVED problem... here goes an update of it:

Here goes the screen in Unity and the same screen in Classic... In classic all works ok...

I still need help...

stianalm
May 17th, 2011, 07:38 PM
I have a lot of sympathy for your problems, Ominara. If I were you I would try to mess around with CompizConfig Settings Manager or Gunity. I saw there was a Panel Opacity setting i Gunity. Perhaps that would work?