PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Membership Application : lovinglinux

lovinglinux
May 4th, 2011, 09:03 PM
I'd like to apply for Ubuntu membership.

Wiki page : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/lovinglinux

Launchpad: https://launchpad.net/~lovinglinux

If you would like to support this application, you can leave a comment below or add a testimonial to my wiki page (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/lovinglinux). Your support is very much appreciated.

Cheers

Rubi1200
May 4th, 2011, 09:07 PM
For all your hard work with Firefox issues and solutions as well as your FlashAid addon, a big thumbs up from me for your application.

Good luck :-)

bapoumba
May 4th, 2011, 09:36 PM
One of lovinglinux tutorials has been awarded the Tutorial of the Week: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=7687856&postcount=58

His contributions on the forums are helping many users, He always supports and updates his nicely written tutorials. A definite +1 from me :)

lovinglinux
May 4th, 2011, 10:09 PM
For all your hard work with Firefox issues and solutions as well as your FlashAid addon, a big thumbs up from me for your application.

Good luck :-)

Thank you.

One of lovinglinux tutorials has been awarded the Tutorial of the Week: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=7687856&postcount=58

His contributions on the forums are helping many users, He always supports and updates his nicely written tutorials. A definite +1 from me :)

Thanks for your support and for remembering that the tutorial was awarded the Tutorial of the Week. I just added that info to the wiki. BTW, I have already rewritten the tutorial, due to recent changes in Firefox 4 and Mozilla development cycle. It is a lot better now, but unfortunately, I am currently upgrading my web site CMS to Joomla 1.6 and is not quite ready for release yet. The new look is already visible in the support section tho.

juancarlospaco
May 5th, 2011, 02:26 AM
Good luck! ^‿^

ivanovnegro
May 5th, 2011, 02:40 AM
+1

You are the guy with the cool addons for Firefox which I use. :)
I support you entireley with your request as you are contributing so much for the Ubuntu community with all what you do and you have enough passion.
I wish you success and luck for your membership.

wilee-nilee
May 5th, 2011, 02:52 AM
You have my support for sure, not only does your presence on the forum help many but all of those that have found the addons, big thumbs up.;)

cariboo
May 5th, 2011, 03:15 AM
I'll +1 the application and +1 bapoumba's comment.

Dutch70
May 5th, 2011, 03:27 AM
I use your flash aid add-on, so you've got my support. :)

TBABill
May 5th, 2011, 03:38 AM
You've helped me personally and assisted, and continue to assist, countless other Ubuntu users, all in addition to wonderful add ons you develop and tutorials, website, etc. I fully support your request!

williejones
May 5th, 2011, 03:53 AM
Keep up the good work lovinglinx. Add me to your support.
More developers need to learn from you how to support
their applications by visiting the forums and helping out.

Good Luck

lovinglinux
May 5th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Good luck! ^‿^

+1

You are the guy with the cool addons for Firefox which I use. :)
I support you entireley with your request as you are contributing so much for the Ubuntu community with all what you do and you have enough passion.
I wish you success and luck for your membership.

You have my support for sure, not only does your presence on the forum help many but all of those that have found the addons, big thumbs up.;)

I'll +1 the application and +1 bapoumba's comment.

I use your flash aid add-on, so you've got my support. :)

You've helped me personally and assisted, and continue to assist, countless other Ubuntu users, all in addition to wonderful add ons you develop and tutorials, website, etc. I fully support your request!

Keep up the good work lovinglinx. Add me to your support.
More developers need to learn from you how to support
their applications by visiting the forums and helping out.

Good Luck

Thank you guys. I really appreciate the support and these wonderful comments.

ubudog
May 5th, 2011, 06:26 PM
+1

Definitely support you lovinglinux, good luck!

Thanks for all the Firefox tutorials!

wojox
May 6th, 2011, 01:20 AM
The reason my bean count is so high is because of informing people of Firefox Tutorial. :p

Good luck McLovin.

NightwishFan
May 6th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Lovinglinux is one of the most active and helpful members on the Ubuntu forums. +1 :)

Elfy
May 6th, 2011, 07:36 AM
+1 from me for the work you do on the forum. Good luck

handy
May 6th, 2011, 02:40 PM
lovinglinux you are perfect for Ubuntu Membership. You have given so many of us so much. You need no luck. :)

lovinglinux
May 7th, 2011, 01:01 AM
+1

Definitely support you lovinglinux, good luck!

Thanks for all the Firefox tutorials!

The reason my bean count is so high is because of informing people of Firefox Tutorial. :p

Good luck McLovin.

Lovinglinux is one of the most active and helpful members on the Ubuntu forums. +1 :)

+1 from me for the work you do on the forum. Good luck

lovinglinux you are perfect for Ubuntu Membership. You have given so many of us so much. You need no luck. :)

Thank you very much.

nothingspecial
May 7th, 2011, 03:29 AM

If you would like to support this application, you can leave a comment below or add a testimonial to my wiki page (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/lovinglinux). Your support is very much appreciated.

Cheers

A YES from me :)

Quackers
May 7th, 2011, 09:35 PM
+1 here. Your Firefox thread is often referred to here :wink:

lkjoel
May 8th, 2011, 12:13 AM
+1 from me.
Your firefox add-ons help so many people.
You should definitely be granted an Ubuntu membership.

Rasa1111
May 8th, 2011, 12:25 AM
I hereby announce my support for LovingLinux's Ubuntu membership! lol :)
You deserve it mate, good luck! and many thanks. <3

RafaelG
May 8th, 2011, 12:56 AM
+1 and good luck!:smile:

ratcheer
May 8th, 2011, 01:05 AM
I also have received excellent help from lovinglinux. He is very knowledgeable and a great guy, too. I support his application,

Tim

coffeecat
May 8th, 2011, 09:37 AM
+1 and good luck, lovinglinux. :)

yetiman64
May 8th, 2011, 06:09 PM
+1, you got my vote, great work on the forums.

Good luck lovinglinux.

lovinglinux
May 9th, 2011, 11:17 AM
A YES from me :)

+1 here. Your Firefox thread is often referred to here :wink:

+1 from me.
Your firefox add-ons help so many people.
You should definitely be granted an Ubuntu membership.

I hereby announce my support for LovingLinux's Ubuntu membership! lol :)
You deserve it mate, good luck! and many thanks. <3

+1 and good luck!:smile:

I also have received excellent help from lovinglinux. He is very knowledgeable and a great guy, too. I support his application,

Tim

+1 and good luck, lovinglinux. :)

+1, you got my vote, great work on the forums.

Good luck lovinglinux.

Thank you all for the support and testimonials.

dniMretsaM
May 9th, 2011, 03:33 PM
I'll definitely +1 this application! For all the Firefox support that you've given me and many others! As well as all the add-ons, themes, etc that you do (FlashAid is amazingly handy)! Keep up the good work and the best of luck on your application!

el_koraco
May 10th, 2011, 02:37 PM
hell yeah!!!

sisco311
May 11th, 2011, 09:31 PM
+1 from me too! :)

Soul-Sing
May 12th, 2011, 06:29 PM
yep! +1 great howto's/support. :)

spynappels
May 12th, 2011, 07:26 PM
+1 from me too.

garvinrick4
May 13th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Got to say he is a definite Ubuntu user who has put a lot of effort into his
tutorials and work in flash and firefox. There are a select few who help in
these Forums that go that extra distance and he is one of them. Graphic
interface for the script in the flash-aid extension for Firefox has made a lot of
New Ubuntu users very happy to say the least. A great candidate for Ubuntu membership.

ninjasinloaf
May 13th, 2011, 03:29 AM
Wow! I can't believe how much time you spent with me today detailing not only a solution to my Firefox problem (and then-some), but encouraging me to learn Firefox 4 (even though I was deadset against it!) Thank you *so much* for your help! I guess the forums aren't as scary as I thought they were! :)

lovinglinux
May 13th, 2011, 01:36 PM
I'll definitely +1 this application! For all the Firefox support that you've given me and many others! As well as all the add-ons, themes, etc that you do (FlashAid is amazingly handy)! Keep up the good work and the best of luck on your application!

hell yeah!!!

+1 from me too! :)

yep! +1 great howto's/support. :)

+1 from me too.

Got to say he is a definite Ubuntu user who has put a lot of effort into his
tutorials and work in flash and firefox. There are a select few who help in
these Forums that go that extra distance and he is one of them. Graphic
interface for the script in the flash-aid extension for Firefox has made a lot of
New Ubuntu users very happy to say the least. A great candidate for Ubuntu membership.

Thank you all for the support. Very much appreciated.

Wow! I can't believe how much time you spent with me today detailing not only a solution to my Firefox problem (and then-some), but encouraging me to learn Firefox 4 (even though I was deadset against it!) Thank you *so much* for your help! I guess the forums aren't as scary as I thought they were! :)

Thanks for the support and welcome to the forums. You will see this is one of the best communities on the web.

corrytonapple
May 14th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I support this. You have helped a lot in the Ubuntu community, and I know it has effected me for sure.

Rhys_Mayhew
May 15th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Was helpful to me with firefox, thank you.

vouch for you for getting the membership! would have a great dramatic impact as you have given alot to the community as what i have seen.

Muzafsh
May 15th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Umarks 2.0.0 !!!

A great utility for Ubuntu users considering that ubuntu releases a new operating system every 4 months. Wonder why your utility 'Umarks 2.0.0' is not in development.

Sure a handy tool for Ubuntu users.

cheers!!!

lovinglinux
May 15th, 2011, 09:06 PM
I support this. You have helped a lot in the Ubuntu community, and I know it has effected me for sure.

Was helpful to me with firefox, thank you.

vouch for you for getting the membership! would have a great dramatic impact as you have given alot to the community as what i have seen.

Umarks 2.0.0 !!!

A great utility for Ubuntu users considering that ubuntu releases a new operating system every 4 months. Wonder why your utility 'Umarks 2.0.0' is not in development.

Sure a handy tool for Ubuntu users.

cheers!!!

Thank you for the support.

Umarks is no longer under development because there was simply no interest on it. Sorry for the inconvenience, but the extension was really complicated and the lack of users didn't justified keeping it alive, specially that you can achieve the most important functionality via command or via Synaptic.

Kir_B
May 16th, 2011, 04:59 AM
+1

The support from lovinglinux has been incredible, especially for us noobies. The instructions I have recieved, have been quite clear and concise. Extremely helpful indeed!

I can only hope to one day become a tenth as helpful!

Best of luck lovinglinux.

Kirby ):P

P.S.
I just read your ubuntu wiki page (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/lovinglinux), and until now, I hadn't realized that your avatar was a Cylon penguin - That is AWESOME! I too share your love for sci-fi, BSG and Caprica (darn syfy!) especially. The wiki was a great read - Thanks so much for sharing.

beew
May 16th, 2011, 06:12 PM
I would like to add my support to Lovinglinux's application as well. Many of us has enjoyed his great Firefox plugins and his firefox tutorial. Whenever I have a question, his response has always been timely and patience. He is a great asset to the community. He is richly deserving of all the praises and endorsements on this thread.

Good luck, Lovinglinux!

lovinglinux
May 16th, 2011, 09:27 PM
+1

The support from lovinglinux has been incredible, especially for us noobies. The instructions I have recieved, have been quite clear and concise. Extremely helpful indeed!

I can only hope to one day become a tenth as helpful!

Best of luck lovinglinux.

Kirby ):P

P.S.
I just read your ubuntu wiki page (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/lovinglinux), and until now, I hadn't realized that your avatar was a Cylon penguin - That is AWESOME! I too share your love for sci-fi, BSG and Caprica (darn syfy!) especially. The wiki was a great read - Thanks so much for sharing.

I would like to add my support to Lovinglinux's application as well. Many of us has enjoyed his great Firefox plugins and his firefox tutorial. Whenever I have a question, his response has always been timely and patience. He is a great asset to the community. He is richly deserving of all the praises and endorsements on this thread.

Good luck, Lovinglinux!

Thank you for the support.

Yeah, the cylon tux is awesome indeed. It a was designed by alex.rayu (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=443223).

ChipOManiac
May 17th, 2011, 03:48 AM
I'd like to add my support to this application, It's evident that lovinglinux has done a lot for the community, his help is greatly appreciated and is always clear in his instructions. He entireley deserves this membership.

Wish You Luck LovingLinux :D

lovinglinux
May 17th, 2011, 03:52 AM
I'd like to add my support to this application, It's evident that lovinglinux has done a lot for the community, his help is greatly appreciated and is always clear in his instructions. He entireley deserves this membership.

Wish You Luck LovingLinux :D

Thank you very much :)

claracc
May 18th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I also support the lovinglinux's application. All his threads, guides and tutorials about firefox and its addons are very useful and helpful.

Moreover, her explanations and intructions to solve firefox problems are easy and clear.

Good luck!

uRock
May 19th, 2011, 04:54 AM

This +1. You deserve the Ubuntu Membership. You have offered outstanding help here and your FlashAid add-on has been the Advil for many headaches. I look forward to seeing little yellow, orange and red cherios under your title in the near future.

lovinglinux
May 19th, 2011, 06:01 AM
I also support the lovinglinux's application. All his threads, guides and tutorials about firefox and its addons are very useful and helpful.

Moreover, her explanations and intructions to solve firefox problems are easy and clear.

Good luck!

This +1. You deserve the Ubuntu Membership. You have offered outstanding help here and your FlashAid add-on has been the Advil for many headaches. I look forward to seeing little yellow, orange and red cherios under your title in the near future.

Thank you very much.

I have uploaded a new version of Flash-Aid today. Now it has wizard mode, quick mode and advanced mode. I think is a lot easier to use now :-)

Oxwivi
May 21st, 2011, 10:17 AM
All Hail lovinglinux!

Bodsda
May 21st, 2011, 10:32 AM
Testimonial added to your wiki. You deserve it lovinglinux

-- Bodsda

urosg3
May 21st, 2011, 01:14 PM
You have my vote, great work

jccubs
May 23rd, 2011, 04:16 AM
Helped out this newbie and it was easy to follow. I couldn't support you any more!!!

lovinglinux
May 26th, 2011, 02:43 AM
All Hail lovinglinux!

Testimonial added to your wiki. You deserve it lovinglinux

-- Bodsda

You have my vote, great work

Helped out this newbie and it was easy to follow. I couldn't support you any more!!!

Thanks for your comments and testimonials.

Sorry for the delay, but I was working like crazy to release the new web site layout. Not to mention Mozilla is already making Firefox 7, so I am updating my extensions a lot.

wildmanne39
May 26th, 2011, 04:38 AM
Hi, I support you, I love your add ons and appreciate the good work you do.:)

Antarctica32
May 26th, 2011, 06:34 AM
you deserve it, good luck

Bobhuber
May 26th, 2011, 03:14 PM
No question about it . +1 from me. He has contributed immensely to the community.

lovinglinux
May 26th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Hi, I support you, I love your add ons and appreciate the good work you do.:)

you deserve it, good luck

No question about it . +1 from me. He has contributed immensely to the community.

Thank you very much.

sikander3786
May 28th, 2011, 08:57 AM
I'm a bit late on this ;)

lovinglinux truly deserves the membership in my opinion. Most of all, your flash-aid add-on has helped me help users many times on the forums. And also, flash sound problems, Firefox 4 and on and on.

You've been an active participant all around the community and I would be honored to support your application.

+1 please.

lovinglinux
May 28th, 2011, 09:10 AM
I'm a bit late on this ;)

lovinglinux truly deserves the membership in my opinion. Most of all, your flash-aid add-on has helped me help users many times on the forums. And also, flash sound problems, Firefox 4 and on and on.

You've been an active participant all around the community and I would be honored to support your application.

+1 please.

Thank you very much for your support.

You are not late. Deliberations and interviews will start in June 1st, so there is at least 4 days left for posting on the applications threads.

Cheers

coldraven
May 28th, 2011, 10:31 PM
+1 Go for it! I always install FlashAid straight after a new install. Good luck :)

lovinglinux
May 28th, 2011, 11:29 PM
+1 Go for it! I always install FlashAid straight after a new install. Good luck :)

Thank you.

static chaser
May 29th, 2011, 03:50 AM
+1 from me. Lovinglinux has helped me several times with Flash problems. I use his FlashAid all the time. Also like FoxRunner a lot.

lovinglinux
May 29th, 2011, 05:06 AM
+1 from me. Lovinglinux has helped me several times with Flash problems. I use his FlashAid all the time. Also like FoxRunner a lot.

Thank you very much.

I am in debt with FoxRunner users. I haven't updated the extension for a long time, except for compatibility bumps. But it is next on my to-do list :-)

mkornig
May 29th, 2011, 10:33 AM
lovinglinux, I support your application for your quick, clear and easy to understand replies in the Absolute Beginners Talk forum.

bep7987
May 30th, 2011, 01:36 AM
I support lovinglinux's application for Ubuntu membership. lovinglinux is extremely helpful to users in the forum.

war59312
June 1st, 2011, 12:01 PM
Don't know you, but you just saved me hours trying to install flash on x64. :)

So +1 lol ;)

OMG: Look at that, what odds. You even get number 100. ha-ha

ruffEdgz
June 1st, 2011, 06:58 PM
Always enjoy reading lovinglinux's posts on the forum as I might learn something new from it. His knowledge about linux and Ubuntu could not be questioned.

+1 from me and best of luck lovinglinux

lovinglinux
June 1st, 2011, 07:04 PM
lovinglinux, I support your application for your quick, clear and easy to understand replies in the Absolute Beginners Talk forum.

I support lovinglinux's application for Ubuntu membership. lovinglinux is extremely helpful to users in the forum.

Don't know you, but you just saved me hours trying to install flash on x64. :)

So +1 lol ;)

OMG: Look at that, what odds. You even get number 100. ha-ha

Always enjoy reading lovinglinux's posts on the forum as I might learn something new from it. His knowledge about linux and Ubuntu could not be questioned.

+1 from me and best of luck lovinglinux

Thank you very much guys.

mikodo
June 1st, 2011, 07:32 PM
Hi lovinglinux,

Below iis an exert of a PM I sent to you August, 2010. I continue to feel the same today, as you are indeed a wonderful contributor!

I support Your Ubuntu Membership Application with enthusiasm!!!

I just wanted to thank you for all the work you do with Firefox extensions and for these efforts:

http://firefox-tutorials.blogspot.co...solutions.html (http://firefox-tutorials.blogspot.com/2010/06/flash-issues-solutions.html)

You are a fine example of the Ubuntu spirit and an excellent role model for our younger, upstart Gurus.

Myself, I am new to computers these last 2 years, while using Ubuntu for about 1.5 years of them . I'm 57 and will never reach any level of expertise in Linux; but I appreciate your work, and want you to know that I do.

No doubt many others, are just as thankful.

Mike

lovinglinux
June 1st, 2011, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by mikodo

Hi lovinglinux,

Below iis an exert of a PM I sent to you August, 2010. I continue to feel the same today, as you are indeed a wonderful contributor!

I support Your Ubuntu Membership Application with enthusiasm!!!

I just wanted to thank you for all the work you do with Firefox extensions and for these efforts:

http://firefox-tutorials.blogspot.co...solutions.html (http://firefox-tutorials.blogspot.com/2010/06/flash-issues-solutions.html)

You are a fine example of the Ubuntu spirit and an excellent role model for our younger, upstart Gurus.

Myself, I am new to computers these last 2 years, while using Ubuntu for about 1.5 years of them . I'm 57 and will never reach any level of expertise in Linux; but I appreciate your work, and want you to know that I do.

No doubt many others, are just as thankful.

Mike

Hey Mike,

Thank you so much. I appreciate your kind words.

Time goes by really fast. At the time you sent me that PM I was still using Blogger for my tutorials. I have to admit that I change my web site theme and move it around more frequently than I should. Hopefully I won't get bored with the new look any time soon. :-)

Frogs Hair
June 1st, 2011, 08:25 PM
Lovinglinux rocks ! and has may full support for being a thoughtful and helpful contributor to the Ubuntu community .

lovinglinux
June 1st, 2011, 08:26 PM
Lovinglinux rocks ! and has may full support for being a thoughtful and helpful contributor to the Ubuntu community .

Thank you Frogs.

ivanovnegro
June 1st, 2011, 08:53 PM

Yes, indeed, I have to repeat myself, he is one of the best supporters on the Ubuntu Forums, honestly and this PM is a great prove.

mikodo
June 1st, 2011, 09:29 PM
Hey Mike,

Time goes by really fast. At the time you sent me that PM I was still using Blogger for my tutorials. I have to admit that I change my web site theme and move it around more frequently than I should. Hopefully I won't get bored with the new look any time soon. :-)

Oops!

Sorry.

lovinglinux
June 1st, 2011, 09:42 PM
Yes, indeed, I have to repeat myself, he is one of the best supporters on the Ubuntu Forums, honestly and this PM is a great prove.

Thank you!

Oops!

Sorry.

No need to be sorry at all. Your testimonial using the original PM was awesome. I was just commenting about how my site changed over the last year. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. :-(

phillw
June 3rd, 2011, 09:48 PM
Quite a shock, but you have a testimonial that may explain why it was a shock.

Deffo a +1 from me. Why has it taken you so long to apply?!!!

I look forward to receiving an email from lovinglinux@ubuntu.com in the near future, you richly deserve it.

Regards,

Phill.

lovinglinux
June 4th, 2011, 02:25 AM
Quite a shock, but you have a testimonial that may explain why it was a shock.

Deffo a +1 from me. Why has it taken you so long to apply?!!!

I look forward to receiving an email from lovinglinux@ubuntu.com in the near future, you richly deserve it.

Regards,

Phill.

Hi Phill,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I didn't apply before, because my contribution to Ubuntu is, add-ons aside, restricted to forum support. I don't do packaging, translation, bug triage and that sort of thing. But with the new membership via forum contribution, I think I have a real chance. BTW, I just realized the sound of lovinglinux@ubuntu.com will be really cool. :-)

vebouz
June 4th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks a lot for the flash-aid add on. You have my support for the membership. Good luck!

themarker0
June 6th, 2011, 03:21 AM
Membership? Make him an admin, he is the firefox wiz around here! I support him with all my will

Andavane
June 6th, 2011, 07:57 AM

Cheers

From what I have seen of your input, I thoroughly endorse your application.
I was stuck in a dilemma, and your response in the forum helped me and my friend in a concise and focussed way.
Good luck with your application! :)

migs73
June 6th, 2011, 11:01 PM
+1 as well. Don't know how many people I've pointed to flash-aid and had their problems solved. You're a shoe-in for membership!!

Thanks for your great work,

Mike :)

lovinglinux
June 7th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks a lot for the flash-aid add on. You have my support for the membership. Good luck!

Membership? Make him an admin, he is the firefox wiz around here! I support him with all my will

From what I have seen of your input, I thoroughly endorse your application.
I was stuck in a dilemma, and your response in the forum helped me and my friend in a concise and focussed way.
Good luck with your application! :)

+1 as well. Don't know how many people I've pointed to flash-aid and had their problems solved. You're a shoe-in for membership!!

Thanks for your great work,

Mike :)

Thank you all for your support and kind words.

Cheers