PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Error with Package Header File AFTER NORMAL UPDATE

justusrambaldi
May 4th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Hello Dear,

Last night I've update normally the requests of my system, and now when I go to check new updates or try update my system I receive this error:

Lendo listas de pacotes... Erro!
translation : Reading package list ... Error!
E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/br.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_natty_main_bina ry-i386_Packages
E: As listas de pacotes ou os arquivos de estado não puderam ser analisados ou abertos.
translating: the packages list or the status files don't could be analysed or opened.

I think the update has corrupted something vital, someone knows how I can fix it issue.
Now I can't update nothing because this error blocks my system... note my versions is not translated to portuguese, I use in English version, my option to don't use the translated version is because is fully of bugs and portuguese errors. Better remains with the original and 100% of reference material that I use is in English.

Other observation, my original install is Kubuntu, and I verify many incompabilities with the new Natty Narwhal edition, maybe this problems will be solved when the Kubuntu 11.04 was disponible for upgrade.

My other alternative can be install a complete Ubuntu-Desktop in my actual system but the error with the header files blocks any possibility of installing fixings by normal download.