PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Thunderbird password needs to be changed

middlechild
May 4th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Asking for help changing password on thunderbird account.

Using thunderbird for email, as several users of this computer have individual preferences. Worked in 10.10 and previous. Upgraded to 11.04 this morning, had to install from CD due to my mistake. Changed computer name too. No worries, have done this before. Added new account to Thunderbird. Copied over mail folders too. Application is good to go. However, when checking email now get reply from server that password is invalid. Checked all account settings within T-Bird but cannot locate password setttings for this server/account. Appears to use something called STARTTLS. How to access this store of passwords please?

Krytarik
May 4th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Check in "Edit -> Preferences -> Security -> Passwords (tab) -> Saved Passwords".

If that doesn't help, try setting "Connection security" to "SSL/TLS" or "None".

Greetings.

middlechild
May 4th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Edit -> Preferences -> Security was the one that worked for me. I had to delete the password that was there, and when I started mail again it asked for the password. I saved the correct one this time.

It threw me off that the Edit option did not appear on the top bar until I pushed the mouse up to get it. Only then did it appear. This will take some getting used to the effect.

I was looking for Edit, or Tools, or something and none appear until you move the mouse into the right location.

Thanks for the help.

Middle