PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Is there a way to enable both edge scrolling plus edge scrolling at the sametime ?

Wanas
May 4th, 2011, 10:10 AM
In my mouse configuration I only get to enable edge scrolling or the 2 finger scrolling, there is no option to enable both at the same time, other wise in windows 7 it have the ability to enable both at the same time.

Wanas
May 9th, 2011, 07:38 AM
bump

Copper Bezel
May 9th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Yes, Gnome's mouse settings are limited to commonly useful configurations, but the package gpointing-device-settings includes further options, like having both kinds of scrolling enabled. It's also possible to get very granular with your settings using synclient, but it requires using a startup script, and some synclient settings are reset, somewhat unpredictably, by Gnome's set values for them.

Wanas
May 9th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Yes, Gnome's mouse settings are limited to commonly useful configurations, but the package gpointing-device-settings includes further options, like having both kinds of scrolling enabled. It's also possible to get very granular with your settings using synclient, but it requires using a startup script, and some synclient settings are reset, somewhat unpredictably, by Gnome's set values for them.

Thanks that was helpful <3 <3

Copper Bezel
May 9th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Cool. = D Just mark the thread as solved at the upper right.

Wanas
May 10th, 2011, 03:57 AM
I enabled it and it worked so great, but after a restart it didnt work, I have to disable it and enable it again.
Is there a way to be saved forever ?

Copper Bezel
May 10th, 2011, 05:17 AM
I guess we'll need to use synclient, then.

#!/bin/bash
sleep 30s;
synclient VertEdgeScroll=1;
synclient HorizEdgeScroll=1;
synclient VertTwoFingerScroll=1;
synclient HorizTwoFingerScroll=1

Put this into a text document, make it executable by editing its Properties in Nautilus on the Permissions tab, and add it in your Startup Applications. If it's still not working on startup, try increasing the delay (the "sleep" value.)

Wanas
May 10th, 2011, 05:38 AM
I will try and I will tell you if it works
thanks

Wanas
May 11th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I guess we'll need to use synclient, then.

#!/bin/bash
sleep 30s;
synclient VertEdgeScroll=1;
synclient HorizEdgeScroll=1;
synclient VertTwoFingerScroll=1;
synclient HorizTwoFingerScroll=1

Put this into a text document, make it executable by editing its Properties in Nautilus on the Permissions tab, and add it in your Startup Applications. If it's still not working on startup, try increasing the delay (the "sleep" value.)

After this it works fine now
thanks again

Wanas
June 19th, 2011, 06:39 AM
I have another problem in this case:
when I plugin my usb mouse the 2 finger scrolling disables it self until I enable is again. is there a way to fix this ?