PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] why multiload-applet-2 uses 7% cpu on average in natty

WthIteh
May 4th, 2011, 07:13 AM
After upgrading to natty, the multiload-applet-2 (the applet which shows cpu usage, memory usage, etc.) starts to use about 7% of cpu all the time!!!
Anyone knows why it starts to do so!? or ANY workaround to stop this behaviour? (or another applet which does the same work so I could replace it)

Thanks for your helps :)

WthIteh
May 5th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Any workaround??

WthIteh
May 12th, 2011, 12:52 PM
:-k :-?

dsa42
December 3rd, 2011, 04:24 PM
Any answer on this? I will start another thread for my problem, but my system has been randomly hanging, so I left top running (and nothing else). When the system hung, it showed "multiload-apple" using 24% of the CPU (if I recall correctly) on a two core machine, so that would be about 50% of one of the cores. I'm assuming "multiload-apple" is how top displays "multiload-applet-2"

BTW, when I rebooted, there was nothing in the syslog for an hour preceding the hang.

dsa42
December 3rd, 2011, 08:28 PM
It's crazy that the default is NOT to subscribe on to a thread into which one posts. It is also crazy that the only way I can find to subscribe is to post another message. :(

WthIteh
December 4th, 2011, 01:37 PM
No real solution.
BTW, I upgraded to ocelot and that issue was not present there :)