PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] 11.04 and 10.10 Install Woes...

DPV
May 3rd, 2011, 11:01 PM
Alrighty. Last night i went to distrowatch and saw that 11.04 was out, so i downloaded it and burned it. Rebooted, and waited for the install prompt came up, but i get nothing. All i see is a black screen with a Terminal Curser and thats it... no root@blah just _ blinking... couldnt type either.

So i said hmmmmm and booted back into windows and tried WUBI. That installed fine, rebooted, selected Kubuntu, Blue Kubuntu loading screen came up with dots changing colors, then it just sits there for hours until i gave up and shut off the computer.

Now, i figure i would try 10.10 and see if that would work... Installed in WUBI first and when i boot in to it i get a "Root Device was not found please selct the Root Device" but i found no way to select the correct device. And when i loaded the Live CD i can select install but it will not let me select to install windows and Kubuntu together...

The only thing i did not do to troubleshoot the problem was switch back in my 460s from my 6950s.. I searched around and did not see my GPUs causing this type of problem... but maybe it is them that is causing the problem? What makes me think that is that 10.10 and 11.04 will install in a VM just fine...