PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Screen won't lock on resume

x-shaney-x
May 2nd, 2011, 10:15 PM
Installed KDE/Kubuntu Natty today and I have noticed the screen will not lock when resuming from suspend.

The option to lock the screen IS checked in power management settings and when it does resume, there is a notification that says it is locking the screen (but doesn't).

Also, clicking the button on the lock/logout applet doesn't lock the screen either.]
Surely this is a fairly serious security issue?

Kubuntu Natty 64-bit.
I should point out this is working normally on a fully up-to-date 32-bit beta 2 install.

x-shaney-x
May 3rd, 2011, 09:54 AM
Just to add, I tried it on a secondary user account and the screen DID lock on resume and the lock button DOES work in the other account.

I have removed ~/.kde and anything in my home folder related to power management but it still won't work on my main account.

aleko74
May 13th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Any luck with this? I'm having the same problem on Kubuntu Lucid.

x-shaney-x
May 13th, 2011, 08:45 PM
I removed everything in my ~/home directory and copied essentials over and the problem went away.
A few hours later the problem came back again for no apparent reason.

So I did the same again and it has been ok since.

Cannot find any cause but it's behaving now so I'm happy enough.

ario
August 8th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Yeah! I will tell you what happens in new Kubuntu!
I guess some necessary application to lock screen is not working on Kubuntu by default, so that locking the screen won't work. I'm telling you this, becuase whenever I run switch user, it takes some time, and my HDD LED blinks for a while just like loading some application. After that the transparent switch user dialog comes up and although I will close it, I will be able to lock my screen after that!
I wish I knew what is the path of that magic application which runs by switch user command, but till then, the only work around is to first run switch user from somewhere, and then you will be able to lock your screen! Pretty patatic! :(