PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Toshiba Tecra a4

LouLinux
May 2nd, 2011, 09:59 PM
I have been running 10.10 on a Toshiba Tecra A4. I hit the "Upgrade 11.04" and it ran fine during upgrade process. Got to "reboot" and the laptop would just lock up and never finish booting. It usually happens after about two minutes after boot regardless if I log in or not. I tried to go to console and run dpkg but it would still lock in the same amount of time. I burned a fresh 11.04 cd but it would not boot. Ended up using Knoppix to get my data and then reinstalled 10.10. Tried again with 11.04 disk but it still just locks on boot. 11.04 disk works fine on older Toshiba Satellite and newer Dell Optiplex. I only have problem with the tecra-a4. I have returned tecra-a4 to 10.10 and all is working fine but I would like to get latest version Ubuntu workng on it. Can't give logs because it won't boot the the point I can get anything.

anigoni
January 31st, 2012, 08:16 AM
I have been running 10.10 on a Toshiba Tecra A4. I hit the "Upgrade 11.04" and it ran fine during upgrade process. Got to "reboot" and the laptop would just lock up and never finish booting. It usually happens after about two minutes after boot regardless if I log in or not. I tried to go to console and run dpkg but it would still lock in the same amount of time. I burned a fresh 11.04 cd but it would not boot. Ended up using Knoppix to get my data and then reinstalled 10.10. Tried again with 11.04 disk but it still just locks on boot. 11.04 disk works fine on older Toshiba Satellite and newer Dell Optiplex. I only have problem with the tecra-a4. I have returned tecra-a4 to 10.10 and all is working fine but I would like to get latest version Ubuntu workng on it. Can't give logs because it won't boot the the point I can get anything.

Goodmorning all,
I have the same problem... Any idea for solution?

Thanks!