PDA

View Full Version : Being reminded of why I use Ubuntu

Cathhsmom
May 2nd, 2011, 12:58 PM
The new interface in Natty Narwhal was hard to get use to, but I see a lot of potential. I like the use of more of my screen with this new release. I do see some changes or things that I like to see added to this interface. I am patient for those changes, especially after spending a weekend of reloading Windows for my daughter.

My daughter got a Trojan virus on her computer, making her computer unusable. I spent a day and a half fixing her computer. I expressed to her once again that I do not have problems with security that she has everyday. My computer is fast on day one as it is on many days, months, or even years later. No spyware or other ugly attacks have plagued my Ubuntu system. Thank you Ubuntu team.

BigSilly
May 2nd, 2011, 01:14 PM
I agree. A bit tricky at first, because it's new, but I was soon in and totally love it now. I think the Unity bar is all kinds of brilliant. It performs as it's supposed to, and it's saved me having to install a separate app such as AWN. I'm finding a lot to love using Unity, but of course underneath that is still the Ubuntu we know and love.

Thewhistlingwind
May 2nd, 2011, 01:57 PM
The new interface in Natty Narwhal was hard to get use to, but I see a lot of potential. I like the use of more of my screen with this new release. I do see some changes or things that I like to see added to this interface. I am patient for those changes, especially after spending a weekend of reloading Windows for my daughter.

My daughter got a Trojan virus on her computer, making her computer unusable. I spent a day and a half fixing her computer. I expressed to her once again that I do not have problems with security that she has everyday. My computer is fast on day one as it is on many days, months, or even years later. No spyware or other ugly attacks have plagued my Ubuntu system. Thank you Ubuntu team.

Nothing will save you from a trojan. (Besides not getting tricked.) Theres just less of them for Linux/Ubuntu right now. ;)