PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Switched off during upgrade, now what?

JDailey
May 2nd, 2011, 05:28 AM
I was upgrading from 10.10 to 11.04 and an office mate thought the computer was unresponsive. So, he turned it off and back on. Now the screen says:
inti: udevtrigger main process (96) terminated with status 1
init: udevtrigger post-stop process (99) terminated with status 1
init: udevmonitor main process (95) killed by TERM signal
mountall: Disconnected from Plymouth
init: plymouth main process(54) killed by SEGV signal
init: plymouth-splash main process (100) terminated with status 2
So, I am guessing a new install from a CD/USB is in order but maybe not. So if there any suggestions to how to recover this I would appreciate it. I have 4 hours till the iso download finishes and then another hour or so until I will be able to finish and start an install. No biggie, I will spend the time with a blow torch and a pair of pliers.

JDailey
May 2nd, 2011, 07:09 AM
Messed around with the Grub menu to see if I could get it to twitch and to no avail. I looks like the root is missing. going to reinstall Maverick so that people can start working soon.

wilee-nilee
May 2nd, 2011, 07:13 AM
Messed around with the Grub menu to see if I could get it to twitch and to no avail. I looks like the root is missing. going to reinstall Maverick so that people can start working soon.

I would try
sudo apt-get -f install
from a command line by booting recovery stanza in the grub menu. Probably to late here but the command may unlock the upgrade and finish it.