PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot set mount points in installer

x-shaney-x
May 1st, 2011, 09:22 PM
I have tried installing the latest Natty final and as normal I do custom partitioning as I have other distros and a windows partition.

Well when I edit a partition, the box to set the mount point only gives me options and I cannot edit anything.

For example, for my windows partition I click mount point box and nothing happens so I click the bit at the side and it brings up the options "/dos" and "/windows"
Likewise, when trying to set the mountpoint of another partition which already has linux on, it only lets me select options like "/usr/share", "/" etc.

Why has this option been removed?
Last install I did was either beta 1 or 2 (I forget) and I WAS able to edit the mount points then.

tacman2k
May 1st, 2011, 09:53 PM
I just noticed the same thing when I attempted to install Ubuntu 11.04 over my existing installation.

I have several Hard Drives that I would like to have custom mount points for so I don't have to mount them every time.

marcus0263
May 23rd, 2011, 07:04 PM
Major Bug, work around is to manually create the disk slices before install. Then after install while still in the Live CD edit /etc/fstab then copy the dir's over to the slices.

This should not be out in the wild, 11.04 sure isn't "stable" LTS quality with all the bugs that infect it.

smgendler
May 30th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Does anyone know if the alternate installer has the same mount point bug?

smgendler
May 30th, 2011, 03:05 PM
From another thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=10847933&postcount=3

As a workaround, you can open a text editor, type your custom mount point into that, then copy/paste it into the mount point field in the installer. This is assuming you are installing from the LiveCD environment.

I was going to try the alternate installer, but this workaround did work.