PDA

View Full Version : Are cell phones frying our brains?

thinkingmachine
May 1st, 2011, 07:18 PM
"Previously unaccounted mechanism proposed for cell phone radiation damage

The long running debate on whether cell phones are capable of damaging human tissue and causing health problems received new fuel from a paper published at arXiv by theoretical biologist Bill Bruno (http://www.t6.lanl.gov/billb/) from Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico."

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-04-previously-unaccounted-mechanism-cell.html

I have always thought that too much use of cell phones is unsafe and the best policy is not to use them at all or limit use as much as possible.

Whenever I talk on one if I hold it too close to my head I feel a type of "pulsing" in my left ear which is very bothersome, and is one reason I don't like talking on them and have to use the speakerphone.

I think everyone suspects cells phones are unsafe, but they are just too convenient in the modern day world.

akand074
May 1st, 2011, 07:28 PM
I believe all cell phones are required to be sent for radiation testing before release. It's levels are very low. You'd likely have to have a cell phone to your face for quite a bit of hours a day for quite a number of years before even having minor damage.

cgroza
May 1st, 2011, 07:28 PM
Interesting but I do not own a cell phone, parents won't allow me.

MountainX
May 1st, 2011, 07:46 PM
"Are cell phones frying our brains?"

Yes, I think they probably do cause some harm over long periods of time... be careful.

Lightstar
May 1st, 2011, 07:48 PM
I use alot of my data on my cell, and voice-calls only 4-5 times a month. I think by the time my cells are friend, it will be time for my brain to retire anyway.

akand074
May 1st, 2011, 09:27 PM
Yeah I don't believe it's really an issue.

RiceMonster
May 1st, 2011, 09:38 PM
meh

speedwell68
May 1st, 2011, 09:50 PM
Don't use one, so I don't really care.

LowSky
May 1st, 2011, 09:54 PM
I don't think its doing anything to humans. I do believe that cell phone and other wireless networks are having effects on bees.

Thewhistlingwind
May 1st, 2011, 09:55 PM
How else can you explain the popularity of social networking?:popcorn:

K_45
May 1st, 2011, 10:16 PM
More importantly, look at the additives stuffed into the food you eat every day, all of which are nothing but factory cocktails to make said food taste and look better. Then look at the crap in the air. All of which do more damage than a phone unless you are on the phone 24/7.

retbak
May 1st, 2011, 10:38 PM
maybe the genital brains.....

Throne777
May 2nd, 2011, 01:42 AM
On the bright side, the radiation might give you super powers, if comics are at all to be believed.