PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade from 10.10 to 11.04 smoothly

up2early
May 1st, 2011, 06:56 PM
Upgraded using Update Manager from 10.10 to 11.04 on a dual boot, Windows XP/Ubuntu box. Went smooth as silk. Installed grub perfectly. And seemingly contrary to the vocal minority here, I actually like the Unity interface. Something new, yes, hard to figure out? Not at all. With all of the current negativity I felt I needed to post my experience.

Hedgehog1
May 1st, 2011, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback.

It is unfair to judge the effectiveness of the upgrade process by the postings here as nearly all smooth upgrades never get posted (yours being a pleasant exception).

When you count the number of folks who have upgraded (and swamped the Ubuntu servers) compared to the few who needed help after a bad upgrade, they are a small subset.

But, we want to get them running too and are happy to help.

The Hedge

:KS

up2early
May 1st, 2011, 07:10 PM
That is the beauty of this community, competent willing help is just a posting away. I also waited until this morning purposely to avoid the swamped servers. I've also downloaded and am sharing the ISO via bittorrent to try and help out as I try and leave the technical help here to those more equipt.

Hedgehog1
May 1st, 2011, 07:14 PM
That is the beauty of this community, competent willing help is just a posting away. I also waited until this morning purposely to avoid the swamped servers. I've also downloaded and am sharing the ISO via bittorrent to try and help out as I try and leave the technical help here to those more equipt.

Thanks for seeding the ISO - every efforts helps the greater good!

The Hedge

:KS