PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems and Dissapointments with Ubuntu 11.04 after installation

Elie-M
May 1st, 2011, 06:15 PM
After Installing ubuntu 11.04, I ran into so many problems and kind of bugs that ruined 5 hours of my sunday trying to fix and search about.

Unity is nice but it's FRUSTRATING! Among other things..

- I cant find a way to add things into my unity launcher
- Unity Fade and Hide/Unhide is buggy (shows up in half sometimes) which made me stop it's autohide
- If I wanted to find something and I don't know it's name it's a pain..
- Problems installing adobe flash which is making everything looking like **** in my browser, which frankly I dunno how can a company ship their OS without direct flash support. (there's 3 packages that ubuntu can't find to download)
- Can't update my system!!! there's always problems with TranslationIndex packages, always timeouts! Ubuntu doesn't even install packages it fetches if the others (even independant) aren't downloaded
- Always errors such as 404 not found packages et Check your connection error, even though my conn is fine and I can browse, and even if I change the download server.
- The integration of everything with the top panel in awfully done
- if there's 2 windows on top of each other for example, if I click the one below, it doesn't switch to it. the window on top is ALWAYS on top and the only way I can work in the window below is clicking on the top panel to take me to the visible window below (I can provide screenshots if u cant understand my description)
- I can't minimize a window from unity unless I click the minimize button of the window.

I don't know if there's more I can't remember. But it's so freaking frustrating that I ran to my windows partition just to get some rest of this ****...

anyone experiencing this kind of problems?