PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Want to stop getting pissed off with UNITY

truck87bp
May 1st, 2011, 05:19 PM
TURN OFF the AUTO HIDE function for the Launcher Bar.

Go to System Settings (Where you normally shut down), type in COMPIZ, then type in UNITY, under Behaviour, Hide Launcher, set to NEVER, then go to Expermental Tab and change Launcher Icon Size to like 38.

Now you will have a set-up where you won't get lost so easily. This simple change fixes the whole aspect of UNITY.=D>

Copper Bezel
May 1st, 2011, 05:32 PM
For other tweaks, information, and features you might miss from the Classic desktop, check out the Power User's Guide to Unity (http://castrojo.tumblr.com/post/4795149014/the-power-users-guide-to-unity).

truck87bp
May 1st, 2011, 05:55 PM
Canonical needs to set the Bar to NEVER hide as the DEFAULT setting. This will clear up all of the confusion and people will stop getting pissed off with Unity.

I don't know who or how to contact the Team but this one thing change my whole outlook about 11.04. Now I can live with it!

Canonical, My advice to you is change this one DEFAULT!

Copper Bezel
May 1st, 2011, 06:01 PM
You might consider reporting a bug if you feel that the default is likely to be confusing for new users.

truck87bp
May 1st, 2011, 06:06 PM
That process is a pain in the a$$. I just hope they read the forums.

Copper Bezel
May 1st, 2011, 07:05 PM
It takes exactly as much effort as putting up your original post did, except that you need to be specific about the problem and courteous in presenting it, which you should have been here in the first place.